Adding access passcode to voice mail call back

AlanKlein2

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the 4 digit passcode to the phone number for your voice mails so the password is automatically inputted when you hit the call voicemail button?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the 4 digit passcode to the phone number for your voice mails so the password is automatically inputted when you hit the call voicemail button?
Yes...add a comma or two after the number then the passcode

chhare

Reaction score
When I try to edit the voicemail number, the only choices for input are numerical. In other words, I don't see how to add a comma for the pause to occur. Am I missing something? I have been wondering how to set this for quite some time. Any help is always appreciated.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
When I try to edit the voicemail number, the only choices for input are numerical. In other words, I don't see how to add a comma for the pause to occur. Am I missing something? I have been wondering how to set this for quite some time. Any help is always appreciated.
Open your phone dialer app, press menu, go to settings and under voicemail settings you will see a *86. Add a comma or two after the *86 then the passcode. Example: *86,,XXXXr

Xfactorx316

Reaction score

If you press the *# button it should bring up the option to add a coma if you are using the default keyboard.

meatloaft

Reaction score

This was a great tip. Anyway, to set commas, while you are editing the voicemail number, there should be a "pause" and a "wait" key on the upper right of the keyboard. The "pause" one is for the commas, I used two of them and it seemed to work just fine.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Didn't know people still called into voicemail. I like pushing the play button next to the missed call

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

meatloaft

Reaction score
Didn't know people still called into voicemail. I like pushing the play button next to the missed call

Yeah, I'm not paying the extra money, VZW gets enough of my cash as it is. LOL

meatloaft

Reaction score
Free if u have Google voice app

I've been thinking about trying it, a couple years ago people were talking about it causing problems so I passed on it then. I just never have gone back to check it out.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying it, a couple years ago people were talking about it causing problems so I passed on it then. I just never have gone back to check it out.

It's come a long way from what it was in the pass. Your voicemail is integrated into the missed call log & u can filter missed calls to only show the ones with voicemail if u like.
Check into it again, the instant voicemail is worth it alone.

Papaw314

Reaction score
Open your phone dialer app, press menu, go to settings and under voicemail settings you will see a *86. Add a comma or two after the *86 then the passcode. Example: *86,,XXXXr

Didn't work for me. I entered *86,,my password and saved it. When I then dialed Voicemail I was still prompted for my password. What am I doing wrong?

OP
A

AlanKlein2

Reaction score
I think I changes the *86 to my actual cell number. So it looks like this. 917-123-4567,,abcd#. Don'y forget the # at the end.