Added ringtones keep disappearing

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Since updating to 2.2 and adding LauncherPro, my default ringtones keep disappearing. I don't know if it's 2.2 or LauncherPro that might be doing it, but that's what's changed recently.

The app I use to add the ringtones is Mabilo Ringtones. It sets the song I choose as the default ringtone (and another for default notification).

It might be easier to just add the ringtones manually to the SD card. Is there a folder for ringtones and notifications so they'll be seen in the list? Thanks!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Since updating to 2.2 and adding LauncherPro, my default ringtones keep disappearing. I don't know if it's 2.2 or LauncherPro that might be doing it, but that's what's changed recently.

The app I use to add the ringtones is Mabilo Ringtones. It sets the song I choose as the default ringtone (and another for default notification).

It might be easier to just add the ringtones manually to the SD card. Is there a folder for ringtones and notifications so they'll be seen in the list? Thanks!

I have Mabilo, same as you, and while I don't use LauncherPro, and haven't had the experience of the default ringtone changing, I've *never* been able to figure out WHERE the apk stores the ringtones on the SD card. I *know* it does, because when I install a new rom, there are times that I have to wipe all data - and that includes the Mabilo apk.

When I go to reinstall everything, and Mabilo is one of the first, I go to their website and under "Downloads" it's empty. If I right then before downloading anything, go to settings/sound/phone ringtone, EVERY previous tone I downloaded is there and can be assigned as the default ringtone. The apk *must* be storing the tones on the SD card, but I end up having to download the tones again to assign to my contacts. It kind of sucks having to re-download everything for the contacts, when you know they're stored somewhere on the SD Card.

-Mike

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
So if I have an mp3, what folder on the SD card can I put it in to turn it into a ringtone?

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Anyone? Why do my ringtones keep disappearing?

Or, where can I put ringtones so they'll be added to the list?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Anyone? Why do my ringtones keep disappearing?

Or, where can I put ringtones so they'll be added to the list?

I put all my ringtones on the SD card in the folder: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

...and they show up just fine in my contacts. I don't use any ringtone manager apps either.

I do have the app called RingDroid though. This app allows me to take any mp3 file on my Droid and I can edit out the part of the song that I want to use as the ringtone.