Eris and Ringtones

buschbarber

Reaction score
I just got my Eris and I wanted to use my custom Ringtones from my LG Voyager. I downloaded the manual and created a folder called Music, on my SD card. I copied all my music into that folder and the Music app seems to find it automatically. The only way I could find to add my custom ringtones was to copy them into the Music folder and then with each one, I had to Set as Ringtone.

Is there a better way? Also, I used to use Bitpim to edit the OS on the Voyager and put Ringtones, etc., in the appropriate directories on the phone. Does Bitpim work with the Eris and is it necessary?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
If you create a folder called Ringtones and put mp3's in there, they will show up on your ringtone list. Same goes for Alarms and Notifications.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
WARNING: make the empty folder first then copy the ringtones in.

I did a complete folder copy from my backup folder that I had prepared on the PC and the Eris recognized the ringtones as music files (I did the same on my Droid and it worked fine). After I deleted the folder and remade a new "ringtone" folder empty, then copied the mp3s in there; it worked fine.