ad-blocker for newly rooted

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm not computer savvy and don't know how to really make good use of the access. I only did it because I was so frustrated with my GPS signal. As I'm going through the forums I decided I want to block ads. Now my question is what is the easiest and most effective way of doing this? I have Titanium Pro but I didn't see it in the list of features. I've read that Rom Toolbox has the capability among other features. Are there other ones out there that I should consider? Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Its no longer in ROM toolbox but JRummy has it for free on his site. Let me find the link.

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Go to settings - security and check "unknown sources." Then just click the link, download the file. Once its downloaded just pull down your status bar, click it and install.

It will most likely be saved on internal storage in the Downloads folder if you need to find it or want to move it.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No problem.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer for anyone wanting to block ads: You have to have your phone rooted so that the ad-blocker can re-write your hosts file. A while back Google banned all ad-blocker apps from the Play Store (since they make huge money off ads). Anyhow, you have to "side load" them now. Additionally Jared had to remove it from his Rom Toolbox or his whole app would have been removed from the Play Store.