Activating off contract DNA thru Verizon?

Nevermore

Reaction score
Quick question that hopefully someone can answer. I have a DNA arriving any day now and will need to activate it so that I can keep my unlimited and not have my plan get all screwed up.

I bought it off contract and was noticing on the Verizon site that you can switch devices without switching plans. I'm assuming that would work in this case, but wanted to see how others have activated it successfully without having it trigger the account from turning into a share everything plan.

Is it easier to call Verizon directly?

If this somehow screws up my unlimited, I will be one ticked off camper.

Thanks for any advice.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Quick question that hopefully someone can answer. I have a DNA arriving any day now and will need to activate it so that I can keep my unlimited and not have my plan get all screwed up.

I bought it off contract and was noticing on the Verizon site that you can switch devices without switching plans. I'm assuming that would work in this case, but wanted to see how others have activated it successfully without having it trigger the account from turning into a share everything plan.

Is it easier to call Verizon directly?

If this somehow screws up my unlimited, I will be one ticked off camper.

Thanks for any advice.
if you buy it off contract you are not signing a new contract. you can just stick your old 4g sim and it will just work. if not you need just activite over the hotline/website or phone.

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
I currently have the Bionic. Would that sim card work in the DNA? If so can I just pop it in and dial *228?

jphilpjr

Reaction score
Like Speeding Wheels said, just take it in to a corporate store. They will take care of you there. I purchased mine also to keep my unlimited data, I was out of the store in 15 minutes (5 for them to get it set up, if you don't count the waiting in line)

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. It should be here tomorrow I hope, can't wait either. Time to move on after the bionic. Hopefully this will be worth it.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. It should be here tomorrow I hope, can't wait either. Time to move on after the bionic. Hopefully this will be worth it.

I just retired my Bionic YESTERDAY and upgraded to the DNA.
It's totally worth it thus far.. just gotta get used to the new things in the SenseUI

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
I'm all good, received the DNA yesterday and activated it by phone. Thanks for the input everyone.