Acrobat reader won't open all PDF files

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
That's so strange since I can open it on my PC with acrobat and it opens fine. I may have to convert all that stuff to text because the only two apps I have that create PDFs are the software that comes with my scanner and WordPerfect.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's so strange since I can open it on my PC with acrobat and it opens fine. I may have to convert all that stuff to text because the only two apps I have that create PDFs are the software that comes with my scanner and WordPerfect.

WordPerfect? Well, you may benefit from saving them in another format as are available in WordPerfect or in your scanner software, and then use a conversion utility. There are actually websites that will convert your documents that you upload into PDF and they're free.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a VERY nice PDF printer/writer program called Bullzip. It's free and can convert anything printable to a current standard PDF file.

Did I mention that it's FREE. ;)

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
CNET reviewers think this is NOT great....

Pros

What prons? I can't get rid of the malware

Cons

Trojans. Lots of them. Plus they want money to grant you access to their support forum where you can eventually find out how to get rid of this crap.

Summary

In a word, DON'T!

Reply to this review

Was this review helpful? (0) (0)

Report this post Email this post Permalink to this post
1 stars

"Shame on you CNET...Malware program...Really?"

December 26, 2013 | By jwetzel345

| Version: BullZip PDF Printer 9.10.0.1629

Pros

Learning how to remove freaking annoying dll error on startup.

Cons

Malware your computer courtesy of CNET...come on. Do some occasional checks of the programs you recommend. Load it on your CNET computer and see what happens. Really?

Summary

If you want to trash your computer...download this POS program!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've uploaded another PDF to sendspace

Download Can t charge fee for trial.pdf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

How do you get docs into Bullzip to make them PDFs??
Opened but I got two blank pages in Acrobat.

56346a1ae09e1c212924c310d67cbd82.jpg
1720d9b5fc5e0d2845d7e0c137b5d1f3.jpg

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I get blank pages with Foxit Reader, still/again..

You install Bullzip and it becomes another printer. Pick that printer and it will ask you for a name for the file, save it and by default it will open after saving in your default reader. I have hundreds of systems using Bullzip with zero issues.

Here is a link to their site. FREE PDF Printer

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I wonder if something happened to that PDF from the time I uploaded it because I can read it just fine here. Really strange.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
This is so strange. I took one of the PDFs from an attachment in gmail and mailed it to my pacbell.net account. I got it on my desktop and opened it in acrobat with no problem. When I tried opening it my cell phone, acrobat wouldn't show up to open it. So if I can open it locally but not on my cell phone, what could be wrong with the cell phone version? High strangeness.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well I found a workaround that does it job. It's a little tedious and time consuming but, first I scan the doc and save it as a PDF. Then I open it in WordPerfect and save it as a wpd doc and then email it to myself. I downloaded the WordPerfect file viewer and open it with that. Works fine but a long way around.