Viewing PDFs from Yahoo Mail app - Galaxy S8

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right subforum...

My girlfriend has a Galaxy S8, though I don't think the phone model plays a part in this at all as I do believe this was happening on her old S3 as well. She uses Yahoo! Mail for her email on the phone and she does have Adobe Acrobat installed on the phone as well.

The problem comes when she tries to view a PDF from her Yahoo! Mail app. It throws back an error that reads "Cannot find application to open file." If the PDF is saved to her device, and then opened from within the file manager or Adobe Acrobat itself, it can be read just fine. So it doesn't seem to be an issue with Acrobat. I've checked the permissions on Acrobat and everything seems to be in order there.

I'm pretty sure it's in the way the Yahoo! Mail app wants to try to handle PDFs (and maybe other attachments?). Does anybody know of a way to make the app open PDFs with Acrobat? I was unable to find anything within the settings of the mail app.

Thanks!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I do not think it is possible. you will have to continue downloading then opening. If she would want to try a different email app, I believe the gmail email app can open pdf attachments.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You could try to reset App Defaults. Each phone is slightly different, but somewhere there is a Setting to reset app Defaults. Then when you try to open a PDF from the Yahoo Mail app if the phone prompts you to select a default app, select Adobe / Acrobat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk