Accidently discovered features that ROCK!

davidbehrns

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has accidentally found a cool feature...

I was on the bus jamming to some tunes when I picked up my Droid to check my e-mail. I accidentally knocked the headphone out. Rather than blaring my music through the speaker and annoying everyone on the bus the Droid just paused my song. I don't know who wrote that line of code but you ROCK!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has accidentally found a cool feature...

I was on the bus jamming to some tunes when I picked up my Droid to check my e-mail. I accidentally knocked the headphone out. Rather than blaring my music through the speaker and annoying everyone on the bus the Droid just paused my song. I don't know who wrote that line of code but you ROCK!

my old ipod video (i think thats' what its called) had that feature... but it's nice to have

PetrolHead

Reaction score
Yea, iPod's have had that feature for a while...but it is a nice addition to the Droid. I was actually surprised it did that, and I believe it pauses Pandora as well.

mjeagent

Reaction score
Uh...IPods have speakers??? First I am hearing of this. I think the original poster was happy that the music wasn't sent blaring through the speaker, not so much that it was paused.

pope66682

Reaction score
Uh...IPods have speakers??? First I am hearing of this. I think the original poster was happy that the music wasn't sent blaring through the speaker, not so much that it was paused.

I think you are correct :icon_ owned: :icon_censored:

Derekv

Reaction score
Well it was not an accident that I found it, but when using the speech search, you can use say "navigate to" and then a store, and goggle nav will navigate to that store.

coondogg97

Reaction score

Actually the iPod Touch 2g and 3g do have speakers. And yes, they pause when you remove your headphones.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

the feature was to "pause" when headphones are removed, i never said anything about speakers.

but it's okay, you can still rag on me :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the browser, if you hold down the back button you get a list of the last sites you visited. Like pulling up your history I guess, that was a nice feature..

broosewee

Reaction score
There was a time when I removed the plug and music did blare through the speakers.

I think that was when I had an incoming call (which paused the music), then I removed the headphone plug to use the phone like a normal person (you can use the headphone to listen during a call though). After the call ended, it resumed the music through the speaker. That's how I recall it anyway.

Otherwise it's a nice feature, even the ipod mini had it (but not my nano 3g).

synctek

Reaction score
The Ipod Touch has a crappy built-in speaker and I think it is the first IPOD to have one - not counting the iPhone - maybe I am mistaken???

broosewee

Reaction score
and to stay on topic, I held down the home button to reveal a panel of the last 6 apps used.

I know it's not that interesting, but I found it accidentally and it's cool! :)

Paulypotz

Reaction score
Held down the search button on the display (next to the home button) and you can google search via voice!

Troy

Reaction score
if you hit shift then alt, you can delete a whole line of text with one press. Has anyone else noticed there's no question mark on the qwerty slide up keyboard?