Accidentally uninstalled Stock browser and calculator

moonlite

Reaction score
I tried installing a version of browser.apk I found online and it now crashes immediately upon opening. I cannot find the app for the calculator at all. Please help! I tried doing a backup but there wasn't any back up to go to. Right now, I have dolphin downloaded, but would also like the stock browser as well.

I'm running Android 2.2.1 rooted with Z4root.

Thanks so much!

OP
M

moonlite

Reaction score
LOL! It was accidental. I just rooted the phone today, so hadn't gotten as far as a backup.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Two things;

One, backup BEFORE you change anything. Always, always, always. :)

Two, make a Titanium Backup backup right now, SBF back to stock, reroot, restore your backup.

maderschramm

Reaction score
how do you accidentally delete browser or calculator.apk? you have to go into the /system/app, get read/write, and delete it...

regardless, use file expert, download it off the market, copy the .zip (renamed .apk) from your sdcard, browse to /system/app, mount as read/write, and paste

although I DO like furbearing's idea to sbf, although that's usually my line ^^

Last edited:

adsfa34

Reaction score
backup BEFORE you change anything. Always, always, always. :)

+1

Also, you can push the apps above into /system/app using adb and chmod to set appropriate permissions or use root explorer for that. Then install using root explorer or adb. Then restart your phone.

*Make both a nandroid backup and a Titanium backup beforehand*

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
M

moonlite

Reaction score
how do you accidentally delete browser or calculator.apk? you have to go into the /system/app, get read/write, and delete it...

regardless, use file expert, download it off the market, copy the .zip (renamed .apk) from your sdcard, browse to /system/app, mount as read/write, and paste

although I DO like furbearing's idea to sbf, although that's usually my line ^^

Root Tools had it listed as Stock Browser. I thought stock meant well, stocks and bonds. WHich is why stock calculator went too. After that, I realised it meant stock as in factory stock. Oh well.

timrock

Reaction score
oops. you can't just install these you know, you have to put them back into /system/app

View attachment 23588 - Calculator
View attachment 23589 - Browser

you also need to rename them from .zip to .apk

i lostmy calculator app also. i removed it using TB. I downloaded that zip, renamed it to .apk and put it in system/app, rebooted my phone but its still not showing up in my apps.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
oops. you can't just install these you know, you have to put them back into /system/app

i lostmy calculator app also. i removed it using TB. I downloaded that zip, renamed it to .apk and put it in system/app, rebooted my phone but its still not showing up in my apps.

I don't know how Maderschramm's zip's work, but did you fix permissions?

Should look like the pic below>>>

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

It'd be easier to flash SBF and reroot. Yay backup!

maderschramm

Reaction score
you seem to be having a bucket of problems. flash the update.zip that is the last link in my signature. don't format data and cache. you'll keep your apps but completely reinstall the stock 2.3.340 /system

it's an alternative to a full 2.3.340 sbf (which isn't even released by tbh..)

that's what I would do if I was you.