Accessories from Seidio coming soon :)

OP
flash24

flash24

Reaction score
Yea, I am using the extended batter from Verizon right now and it makes my Pro look fat lol. But I love the fact that I can use my Pro for the whole day without the battery dying :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

spydergirl

Reaction score
WOO HOO !!! That's awesome news of an extended battery that will actually fit the original phone so I don't have to change my cases. Thanks for the heads-up!! That's AWESOME !!! :)

spydergirl

Reaction score
I'm confused. I see this message posted on the page with the extended life battery..... ( seidioonline.com )

"In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full."

Does this mean EVERY TIME you charge the phone or just the first initial charge ???

OP
flash24

flash24

Reaction score
Just the first initial charge, this is what they mean by conditioning the battery I believe

I'm confused. I see this message posted on the page with the extended life battery..... ( seidioonline.com )

"In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full."

Does this mean EVERY TIME you charge the phone or just the first initial charge ???

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Let's see...for $49.95 I can get a 1700mAh battery from Seidio or I can get a 1860mAh battery from Verizon...that's a 40% increase in battery power with Verizon for the same price. I guess it depends on your preference...battery life or back cover. I am glad to see a creditable supplier is coming out with some more choices of accessories for the Pro.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Just the first initial charge, this is what they mean by conditioning the battery I believe

I kind of thought that, but wasn't entirely sure. I leave my phone on the charger all night anyway because that's the only time I really charge it (unless heavy use during the day) and it also functions as my clock/alarm.

Along those same lines....... Is there truth to the theory / suggestion that we should let the battery completely drain til dead when you first initially use a new phone/battery before charging it for the first time?

spydergirl

Reaction score
Let's see...for $49.95 I can get a 1700mAh battery from Seidio or I can get a 1860mAh battery from Verizon...that's a 40% increase in battery power with Verizon for the same price. I guess it depends on your preference...battery life or back cover. I am glad to see a creditable supplier is coming out with some more choices of accessories for the Pro.

Oooh....... good point! I didn't notice the mAh difference in the two. Hrrrmmmm.........

I wouldn't MIND getting the bigger battery with the different back cover, but then I just need to find a manufacturer who makes a comparable COVER that fits over the adjusted size. *sigh*

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Oooh....... good point! I didn't notice the mAh difference in the two. Hrrrmmmm.........

I wouldn't MIND getting the bigger battery with the different back cover, but then I just need to find a manufacturer who makes a comparable COVER that fits over the adjusted size. *sigh*

Hey Spidergirl...check this out...not sure if it what you're looking for but it works very nicely for me.

[video=youtube;QsISpdutaIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsISpdutaIg]YouTube - Motorola Droid Pro Case[/video]

strollin

Reaction score
40% increase? Isn't it less than 10%? 1860-1700=160; 160/1700=.09. Or do you mean 40% increase over the original battery?

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
40% increase? Isn't it less than 10%? 1860-1700=160; 160/1700=.09

Well, I guess it is how you want to figure it. The stock battery is 1460mAh...the Verizon is 1860mAh...a difference of 400mAh. The Seidio is 1700...a difference of 160mAh. 160 is 40% of 400. No matter how you figure it...your paying $49.95 for a battery that has either 1860mAh or 1700mAh.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
40% increase? Isn't it less than 10%? 1860-1700=160; 160/1700=.09. Or do you mean 40% increase over the original battery?[/QUO

I guess the most logical way to figure this out is the way you did it. Using the stock battery as a baseline, you get 10% increase with the 1700mAh and a 20% with the 1860mAh for the same price. I like your way of looking at the issue better than mine...makes more sense now that I think about it.

OP
flash24

flash24

Reaction score
Yea, it is all about preference some folks doesn't like the extra bulk so the Seidio extended batter is a better option.

OP
flash24

flash24

Reaction score
Oh and Seidio does make good extended batteries.