size of extended batter from seidio

moot

Reaction score
Anyone know how bulky this "coming soon" 3800mah battery from Sedio, might be?

seidioonline.com'd be interested in buying this, if it doesn't make my g-nex the size of a tank.

Manofthehr

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well...I already have the Samsung extended battery and it works great, but having the seidio extended battery as a back up is something I'm interested in. Hopefully its not too big.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I would imagine it's pretty bulky. The extended for the Droid X was around that size and it was huge.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Wow, that is a pretty massive bump in capacity! I can only imagine it will be relatively bulky, but hopefully they do well with the back cover and it is a nice shape / feel in the hand! I've been making it through the day fine on the 2100mAh extended, but wouldn't mind having this to not worry about carrying a charger if I'll be out all night.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I would imagine it's pretty bulky. The extended for the Droid X was around that size and it was huge.

Bah, bummer. I had a feeling it might look ridiculous. I'm super jealous of the new Razrs 3300 mah battery, ad it would be nice to have a nice big batter so that I can play games/watch movies without worrying about my phone dying.

Flandry

Reaction score
I wouldn't look for the Seidio battery to be small. In the past, their extended batteries have all been huge. The only way to make one smaller would be to make one with an odd shape that both fits in the battery slot to connect and flattens out across the back of the phone with the extra capacity. Though it may be possible, Li-ion cell wall construction requirements aren't conducive to this sort of thing. Plus, I doubt Seidio wants to make a battery accessory that doesn't fit their Innodock. So it'll most likely stick straight out the phone with a back that rapidly tapers down to the original case of the phone.

The RAZR is able to get away with thinner batteries because they use Li-Poly instead of Li-Ion technology. Made like ketchup packs, Li-Poly batteries can have thinner cell walls and more flexibility. But, they are much more susceptible to damage. This is likely the primary reason why the RAZR has a stainless steel inner frame and a titanium back plate and why the battery is non-removable. Some RAZR owners have speculated that they might be able to swap out batteries and backs to convert their phones to MAXXs. But because of the danger (punctured Li-Poly batteries explode violently), I can't see Motorola making it easy for consumers to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums