About to throw this craptastic phone out the window

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is that Motorola's CEO, Sanjay Jha (spelling?) was right. The first thing people do is load the 157 apps they had running on their old phone, and in some cases restoring the data from those apps and they are suprised why the phone gets all buggy. Not all apps work great on every phone. They also don't always play nice together, let alone bumping heads with Blur.

That might be true for some cases, but not mine. Only thing I did is moved my photos and podcasts over to this phone. I installed my usual set of minimal apps and am still experiencing issues.

Sometimes people just can't be happy with a new thing.

I'm sure there's a certain amount of that. I lived with my D1 for almost two years and loved every minute of it. I think I'm just a "vanilla Android" person, and when I had an issue with the build that Motorola provided, I just loaded a hacked version that always fixed whatever issues I had. Now that I can't do that, I admit I feel a bit panicked that I'm going to have to live with a lot of these issues for a while until Motorola fixes them, and we all know how slow they are with the updates. The fact that this is a NEW phone that launched with an OLDER version of Android than a phone that's a year old (X) now is pretty lame.

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score
BTW the MP3's pop and skip if in the internal or sdcard and does not matter what app is used.

Eliminating MP3's altogether, the pops happen before and after calls, before and after the GPS speaks... anything that opens and closes the audio channel, there's a loud POP. This did not happen on my D1.

I hope this is a priority fix. I'm going to check out the Motorola forums.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I too have had zero issues and out blows my wifes...dx(hers now anyway, lol ) away! Reminds me of the significant difference between the 3Gs and 3G iphones...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I'm getting really really tired of the little annoyances with this damn phone. Today I'm trying to simply copy some files over from my computer to my X2.

But you know what? It keeps failing in the middle.

Wanna know why?

If you connect the phone to your computer in PC mode, you get about five or ten minutes in, and the phone tries to sync with the SD card WHILE it's in USB mode. Everything freezes. You get a sync icon in your task bar on the phone which doesn't go away, and then your copy of files is frozen and Windows Explorer locks up because the SD card is no longer accessible.

I'm going to turn off the auto-sync, but WHO THE HELL designed this process?? My D1 worked PERFECTLY when doing this. My thought it is has to be Motorola. Well, I've about had it. Screw MotoBlur. Screw waiting for Gingerbread when my stepson's DROID X which came out a YEAR before this phone already has Gingerbread. Screw the little lags and stutters when listening to music. Screw the POP POP POP that's going to kill my car speakers every time I pick up a phone call or hang up or start playing music. Screw "MotoHelper" which wants to get installed when I attach my USB. Screw VCast Media manager which also popped up and wanted to get installed. Screw the locked bootloaders...

I know how to drag and drop and that's ALL I NEED, Motorola!!

I'm bringing this phone back before I do something nasty to it. I think I'm done with Motorola.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mad +10:icon_evil:.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you could try something out in Dropbox... open the app, go to one of your folders that has multiple files, and as quickly as you can, long-press and try and download more than one file. My Dropbox crashed every time I would try and download multiple. Sometimes it would crash after one if I simply tried to scroll down. 3 DX2's - all did the same for me...

etavadia

Reaction score
Sucks for all the people who bought into the X2 hype. I have played with one for a couple hours and was not impressed. My X is faster than the X2 and not laggy.

sent from my ZombieStomped X
Well, after 2 weeks I couldn't take it any more. Got approval from Verizon to return it. Backing it up and going back to my X. Hopefully the Bionic is a more polished product than this piece of junk.

Good luck

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Sucks for all the people who bought into the X2 hype. I have played with one for a couple hours and was not impressed. My X is faster than the X2 and not laggy.

sent from my ZombieStomped X
Well, after 2 weeks I couldn't take it any more. Got approval from Verizon to return it. Backing it up and going back to my X. Hopefully the Bionic is a more polished product than this piece of junk.

Good luck

Bionic is worse pznerd. TI omap = rofl lawlsauce. My x2 is gangsta 0 lag does everything pretty much instantly w00t w00t. Just don't reload 10000000 apps and be like OMIGAWD why so slow derp derp.

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score
Talked with a really nice rep from Verizon on the phone, and they're taking the phone back. Yesterday the phone spontaneously rebooted and when it came up (I was driving, listening to music), it locked. I had to wait until I got to my exit, take the phone out of the dock and remove the battery.

I was pretty much done at that point.

So Verizon had actually been trying to call me for a couple days and I called them back and told them all the problems I was having with the phone. They said I was close enough to the "worry-free" exchange date cutoff (I'm on day 15, which I didn't know -- feels like I've been dealing with this for a month) that they'd approve an exchange.

So I decided I just can't deal with the possibility of having a locked phone for two years. At least if an unlocked phone has an issue the dev community is usually on top of it pretty quickly. Given that HTC has really seemed to support the devs as of late, I decided on the Thunderbolt. Hopefully the rebooting issues on that phone are solved with the update that came out a couple days ago. We'll see. Meanwhile, if anyone wants an accessory kit (or just a car dock or multimedia dock or HDMI cable) for an X2 or X dirt cheap, PM me.

I think I'm done with Motorola until they decide to open their phones. I don't buy Apple products because I can't stand their closed philosophy, so perhaps it's time I start putting my money where my ideals are. We'll see how the HTC experience is. I've never had one of their phones before, so hopefully I won't hate it. I really love the industrial design of the Moto phones and will miss it. Really wish they'd make a vanilla Android update to the D1. THAT's what I'd really like.

roseylisa

Reaction score
I have the droid x2 have had pages go in and out like lines and trying to blank out and go to another page on its own also a blue shadow come in from the side when touching screeen (weird). I took it back to the verizon corporate store I bought it at of course the only thing they saw was the blue coming in on the side said they couldnt send it back without one of them seeing it dont tell me they dont know about these bugs before we do! They flashed it for me and of course that didnt fix anything! Roseylisa

roseylisa

Reaction score
I have the droid x2 have had pages go in and out like lines and trying to blank out and go to another page on its own also a blue shadow come in from the side when touching screeen (weird). I took it back to the verizon corporate store I bought it at of course the only thing they saw was the blue coming in on the side said they couldnt send it back without one of them seeing it dont tell me they dont know about these bugs before we do! They flashed it for me and of course that didnt fix anything! Roseylisa
Please anyone else with these same issues?

roseylisa

Reaction score
Please anyone else with these same issues?

I DID not write the post about throwing crapaplastic out window! !!Someone is messing with my post!!! Anyone else have this happen! Isnt their rules for this???

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

roseylisa

Reaction score
I like the droid charge so far some little glitches but nothing compared to the dx2. I liked the sizing on the moto better and I like that they both have the physical buttons.But Im always wondering if I made the right choice or should I check into another one before its to late and im stuck for two years and regret it so many coming out but I def wont go less than the 4by 3 screen size not at having to pay 30. a month for service anything smaller than that I cant see. What do you think about the droid charge compared to the droid x2 or even others.

Mavic

Reaction score
I just bought my DX2 and love it. Zero lag issues. Almost doubled the benchmark score of the original X (I got 2687). Rooted and V6'd of course. Videos, music, syncing are performing great. How in the heck are people getting all of these issues?

I came from the LG Vortex, so I didn't come from 1ghz phone like a lot of you did. I am more than happy.