About to throw this craptastic phone out the window

theguru1974

Reaction score
I cant believe some of the replies in this thread! What are you people doing to your phones? Ive had my X2 since May 19th & its not laggy at all. My friend has an original X and my X2 smokes his as far as speed & response.

Ive played around with just about every phone out there right now & the X2 is by far the best. I couldn't be any happier! Only things ive done to it is: root, freeze/remove bloat, & use a cache cleaner on a daily basis.

Also, keep in mind....updates will be on the way. There are bugs. Its pretty normal that no phone is perfect at launch.

How many apps do you have installed ?

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I cant believe some of the replies in this thread! What are you people doing to your phones? Ive had my X2 since May 19th & its not laggy at all. My friend has an original X and my X2 smokes his as far as speed & response.

Ive played around with just about every phone out there right now & the X2 is by far the best. I couldn't be any happier! Only things ive done to it is: root, freeze/remove bloat, & use a cache cleaner on a daily basis.

Also, keep in mind....updates will be on the way. There are bugs. Its pretty normal that no phone is perfect at launch.

Though appreciated, you truly are the exception. I would still have the DX2, but tired of battling low ram, mp3 pops & clicks, Flash causing issues and random resets. This device has to be managed like a 256mb Droid 1- something is borked in the memory allocation and the firmware in general.

I preferred returning the DX2 and see if the issues are actually fixed, rather than assume VZW and Motorola (as the are now) will get out of their state of a state of denial that there are any issues.

Im not implying that anyone is wrong for returning an X2! If i didn't like it, im sure i would join the club. Im just scratching my head as to why so many people are having problems when i have had none at all.

Same here, my phone is snappy, on point, and installed/running every app I want. Far cry from my D1, which while still a great device, I couldn't load half the software that I wanted to without hitting up the sdcard. Which turned it into a pig, a un greased pig.

Sent from my DROID X2

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
There seems to be alot of mixed reviews about this phone. I've seen a few reviews where people are praising it for the lightning fast response times then some completely bashing it because it freezes, randomly turns off, laggy and other various things. Maybe its just a hit or miss with the batches of phones?

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I brought mine back yesterday. I had a ll the same problems that everyone else has described. Back to using my D1 again. Gonna wait for the Bionic.

myriad46

Reaction score
There seems to be alot of mixed reviews about this phone. I've seen a few reviews where people are praising it for the lightning fast response times then some completely bashing it because it freezes, randomly turns off, laggy and other various things. Maybe its just a hit or miss with the batches of phones?

I think part of the problem is that Motorola's CEO, Sanjay Jha (spelling?) was right. The first thing people do is load the 157 apps they had running on their old phone, and in some cases restoring the data from those apps and they are suprised why the phone gets all buggy. Not all apps work great on every phone. They also don't always play nice together, let alone bumping heads with Blur.

Sometimes people just can't be happy with a new thing. It seems to matter a lot what phone they came from. I came from a D1 and love my X2. To me the screen is disappointing, but damn is this thing fast. Some people came from an X, which was silly if you ask me. No one expected the X2 to blow the X1 out of the water (Well, apparently some people were).

rushmore

Reaction score

I think part of the problem is that Motorola's CEO, Sanjay Jha (spelling?) was right. The first thing people do is load the 157 apps they had running on their old phone, and in some cases restoring the data from those apps and they are suprised why the phone gets all buggy. Not all apps work great on every phone. They also don't always play nice together, let alone bumping heads with Blur.

Sometimes people just can't be happy with a new thing. It seems to matter a lot what phone they came from. I came from a D1 and love my X2. To me the screen is disappointing, but damn is this thing fast. Some people came from an X, which was silly if you ask me. No one expected the X2 to blow the X1 out of the water (Well, apparently some people were).

The low operational ram and MP3 pops and clicks are not due to third party app installs. For whatever reason, the DX2 is "missing" and bleeds free ram and the device begins to have lag issues after a few hours of use.

The DX2 is supposed to have 512mb ram. Apparently, 108mb is allocated to the GPU, so a balance of 404mb should be for the device. If you add up what the OS, home UI, OS tasks, user apps and current free ram is, it is less than 270mb. Where is the other 134mb? You will also notice that through time, the total available declines from the 270mb range (memory bleed/leak).

I have a stock based gtablet that uses Froyo 2.2.2, Tegra 2 and 512mb ram. It is loaded with a butt load of apps and has no lag, MP3 or memory issues.

Free ram tends to hover anywhere from 30 to 70mb on the DX2 and 220 to 270mb on the gtablet. The memory issue does not even factor in random resets while playing Flash, MP4s and sometime while updating apps in the market. I reset to stock with minimal apps before returning- the DX2 still had the same issues (mine did).

The DX2 has flaky firmware. I have been messing with Android since the infamously low storage space G1, Droid 1, DX1 and Incredible.

None the less, congrats on not having any issues, but assuming others are self-inflicted is just what a CEO in denial would say... Wait, I guess one already has and their company PR has backtracked already.

BTW the MP3's pop and skip if in the internal or sdcard and does not matter what app is used. Considering how Motorola mapped the internal space as the "sdcard" it would not be practical to store much media there anyway, since also used for app data (not much space, unless you do not have many tunes).

If they fix the issues, I would still buy another DX2 due to:

Build
Display (I miss it)
Call quality
Sound quality (sans the skips)
Form factor
Tegra 2 rocks for emulators
Hard buttons (capacitive too easy to hit by mistake)
Radio reception

Fix the firmware- GREAT device.

Last edited:

jeffe65

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the cause of some behaviors can be difficult indeed, plus we don't want to admit that the cause may be our new toy. I've run into the same issues just changing ROMs on my D1, and have been able to track down some really infuriating bugs just by reverse-uninstalling apps until the bugs stopped. While they don't seem related on the surface, some poorly-coded apps can cause bizarre things to happen, and simply removing one or two can solve things.

I'm on the fence regarding my next phone; I may wait to see how much everyone bashes the D3 whenever it comes out. Otherwise, both the X2 and Inc2 are my top choices.

rushmore

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the cause of some behaviors can be difficult indeed, plus we don't want to admit that the cause may be our new toy. I've run into the same issues just changing ROMs on my D1, and have been able to track down some really infuriating bugs just by reverse-uninstalling apps until the bugs stopped. While they don't seem related on the surface, some poorly-coded apps can cause bizarre things to happen, and simply removing one or two can solve things.

I'm on the fence regarding my next phone; I may wait to see how much everyone bashes the D3 whenever it comes out. Otherwise, both the X2 and Inc2 are my top choices.

I am hoping Gingerbread fixes the X2 issues. I really liked the device, but mp3 pops, lag build-up and random resets got too silly for a brand new device.

I would expect that junk if I rooted it and put my own rom on it- not out of box like this.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Well in any case I'm just going to wait till my X goes to crap cause as of right now this thing still runs like a dream even though I've put it through 4 bootloops, sbf-ed it quite a few times and have just gave it hell. Plus its not like the x or the d2 or any of the older droids are that outdated. If anything the only things that have changed are front facing cameras (which I don't really care for) dual processors (in some newer phones) and maybe a tad bit more memory. Everything else is pretty much useless to me.

grgguy

Reaction score
I have an Idea for all of you who are so unhappy with your X2. Take it back ! It's junk anyways , Right ? Quit your complaining and do something besides acting like a bunch of whinya-s bit-hes !

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have an Idea for all of you who are so unhappy with your X2. Take it back ! It's junk anyways , Right ? Quit your complaining and do something besides acting like a bunch of whinya-s bit-hes !

+1

Sent from my DROID X2

TreFiDDy

Reaction score

Theres always going to be people that complain but it was there choice in the phone so let them suffer. If they aren't getting what they paid/wanted out of the product let them complain to verizon.
Honestly there are people out there that are having NO problems whatsoever with their X2's they just aren't voicing their experience with the device. I just read a review where someone had nothing but good things about the device! Just take threads like these lightly unless the majority of the people that bought the phone are in an uproar about the device. I'm still looking forward to upgrading/buying this phone no matter what anyone says!

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Zetsumei

Reaction score

Though appreciated, you truly are the exception. I would still have the DX2, but tired of battling low ram, mp3 pops & clicks, Flash causing issues and random resets. This device has to be managed like a 256mb Droid 1- something is borked in the memory allocation and the firmware in general.

I preferred returning the DX2 and see if the issues are actually fixed, rather than assume VZW and Motorola (as the are now) will get out of their state of a state of denial that there are any issues.

I have no issues with my X2 as well, not sure what you people are doing to your droid :x.

OP
S

SPG900NY

Reaction score

I'm the OP. Still haven't returned the phone, and I guess I'm out of time. I've learned to live with some stuff -- the USB Storage Mode was indeed helpful. Other than that, I have come to terms with some of the freaky things on this phone. The things I have NOT come to terms with are the occasional stutters in audio and video (and don't even think about recording video with this phone -- it will freeze and stutter) and the big one is the POPS that happen every time you go to make a call or answer a call or play an MP3 or use Rhapsody or anything else that uses the audio channel. If you haven't experienced this, try using AUX-IN on your car stereo and see if you can live with it.

The low operational ram and MP3 pops and clicks are not due to third party app installs. For whatever reason, the DX2 is "missing" and bleeds free ram and the device begins to have lag issues after a few hours of use.

Yes. I'm wondering if this is poor implementation of the dual-core? I really hope that Gingerbread fixes all these issues. WHEN, Motorola? WHEN?