About to throw this craptastic phone out the window

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I'm getting really really tired of the little annoyances with this damn phone. Today I'm trying to simply copy some files over from my computer to my X2.

But you know what? It keeps failing in the middle.

Wanna know why?

If you connect the phone to your computer in PC mode, you get about five or ten minutes in, and the phone tries to sync with the SD card WHILE it's in USB mode. Everything freezes. You get a sync icon in your task bar on the phone which doesn't go away, and then your copy of files is frozen and Windows Explorer locks up because the SD card is no longer accessible.

I'm going to turn off the auto-sync, but WHO THE HELL designed this process?? My D1 worked PERFECTLY when doing this. My thought it is has to be Motorola. Well, I've about had it. Screw MotoBlur. Screw waiting for Gingerbread when my stepson's DROID X which came out a YEAR before this phone already has Gingerbread. Screw the little lags and stutters when listening to music. Screw the POP POP POP that's going to kill my car speakers every time I pick up a phone call or hang up or start playing music. Screw "MotoHelper" which wants to get installed when I attach my USB. Screw VCast Media manager which also popped up and wanted to get installed. Screw the locked bootloaders...

I know how to drag and drop and that's ALL I NEED, Motorola!!

I'm bringing this phone back before I do something nasty to it. I think I'm done with Motorola.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuzzball

Reaction score
That sucks. The X2 doesn't seem like it's living up to expectations as the successor to such a great phone. I hope that BS doesn't come on the Droid3 as well; I may have to replace the battery in my D1 and wait a bit longer.

grgguy

Reaction score
I agree , why couldnt they just have the mount option like on the d1 . I never know which 1 to use or which drive to drop files in

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If all you are wanting to do is "drag & drop" files, why are you using PC Mode instead of just using USB Mass Storage Mode? No easier way of doing what you want...

Icfatpeople

Reaction score
Ya works perfect in mass storage mode...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rushmore

Reaction score
If all you are wanting to do is "drag & drop" files, why are you using PC Mode instead of just using USB Mass Storage Mode? No easier way of doing what you want...

Seems that IS the problem. PC Mode is pure evil. Storage mode = zero problems and no reason to use PC mode. Seems the OP may have assumed PC mode was the same thing and mad for nothing.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
My mom just got this phone... +1 to moto for theming froyo 2.2.2 to look like gingerblur...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sucks for all the people who bought into the X2 hype. I have played with one for a couple hours and was not impressed. My X is faster than the X2 and not laggy.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

etavadia

Reaction score
Starting to agree with all the comments. I'm starting to realllllly resent this purchase. Laggy, phone calls connect after 5 seconds, can't use LPP anymore.

What a joke!

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I cant believe some of the replies in this thread! What are you people doing to your phones? Ive had my X2 since May 19th & its not laggy at all. My friend has an original X and my X2 smokes his as far as speed & response.

Ive played around with just about every phone out there right now & the X2 is by far the best. I couldn't be any happier! Only things ive done to it is: root, freeze/remove bloat, & use a cache cleaner on a daily basis.

Also, keep in mind....updates will be on the way. There are bugs. Its pretty normal that no phone is perfect at launch.

rushmore

Reaction score
I cant believe some of the replies in this thread! What are you people doing to your phones? Ive had my X2 since May 19th & its not laggy at all. My friend has an original X and my X2 smokes his as far as speed & response.

Ive played around with just about every phone out there right now & the X2 is by far the best. I couldn't be any happier! Only things ive done to it is: root, freeze/remove bloat, & use a cache cleaner on a daily basis.

Also, keep in mind....updates will be on the way. There are bugs. Its pretty normal that no phone is perfect at launch.

Though appreciated, you truly are the exception. I would still have the DX2, but tired of battling low ram, mp3 pops & clicks, Flash causing issues and random resets. This device has to be managed like a 256mb Droid 1- something is borked in the memory allocation and the firmware in general.

I preferred returning the DX2 and see if the issues are actually fixed, rather than assume VZW and Motorola (as the are now) will get out of their state of a state of denial that there are any issues.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score

Though appreciated, you truly are the exception. I would still have the DX2, but tired of battling low ram, mp3 pops & clicks, Flash causing issues and random resets. This device has to be managed like a 256mb Droid 1- something is borked in the memory allocation and the firmware in general.

I preferred returning the DX2 and see if the issues are actually fixed, rather than assume VZW and Motorola (as the are now) will get out of their state of a state of denial that there are any issues.

Im not implying that anyone is wrong for returning an X2! If i didn't like it, im sure i would join the club. Im just scratching my head as to why so many people are having problems when i have had none at all.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Me too Hemlock,

I've had zero growing pains, (except I can't seem to remember passwords)
I have used some common sense and not put every app I've ever heard of on it.
I do think that might be a lot of people's problem.

I'm very happy it's twice as fast with everything compared to my D1.
No lags snaps back to the home screen like a hyper lab bringing back a throw toy.

I didn't use LPP and I am starting to miss it. I also don't use Desktop Vis. and
I'm kinda missing that. Most of my apps had images I picked, i.e. old time mail box for email.

I'm a bit leery of the update, didn't work so good for the D1.