About SnkBitten ROM

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
My goal with when compiling my ROM was very simple.

• Keep it as close to AOSP source as possible
  • Add features that integrate/blend well with stock
  • Add a few useful apps/utilities
  • Maintain stability of a stock phone
I have used a few custom ROM's and have enjoyed the few I tried, running them for months before a feature or function pulled me to another. When Froyo was released, most if not all of the features I liked in other ROMs were now part of the OS or easily added with Market apps. I flashed the leaked FROYO builds and was reminded of how much I personally enjoyed the basic stock look and feel of "vanilla" Android running on my Droid.

SnkBitten is definitely not a feature packed ROM. It is built around the AOSP source with just a little bit extra. A better Music app, Power off Reboot option, additional wallpapers integrated into the wallpaper selection, flac support for audio files, DSPManager for tweaking the audio's EQ, a few extra apps and of course...root + Superuser and busybox.

I continue looking for those "little" extras that can be implemented without drastic source changes that take it farther away from AOSP, as for what I was looking to build.....AOSP plus a little extra was the goal.

This should hopefully give you enough info to decide if it's something you would be interested in without the need to install it and then find it "lacking" of extras you may be looking for. No massive amounts of scripts, features, extras, etc.....just a very stable and nice running ROM with a few tweaks here and a little extra feature there.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
After trying every ROM out there I find myself appreciating vanilla more and more. Im not a big user of bells and whistles so I appreciate basic and stable.

Great job on this ROM.

Yup...Tapatalk'd

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea Its exactly what you say it is! I see more and more people really enjoying the stock look after trying so many different themes for other ROM's. I'm so over black, black notification bar, black FB and Twitter, black everything.

Good work also I enjoyed running for the weekend and had almost no issue's at all.

skratchthat

Reaction score
Nice job man! I like just the basic look, but I also like the black notification bar. So that was easily edited by installing a gingerbread theme for launcherpro Haha. Great work tho.

keaser06

Reaction score
Love the rom just one question. I went from stock rooted 2.2 on my droid 1 and I was useing milestone overclock to have my phone overclocked at 1ghz. With this rom I can no longer use milestone overclock it wont load the module. Is there another way to overclock this rom?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Setcpu will do it. Default kernel will support 800mhz but any kernel should work if you want faster.

Love the rom just one question. I went from stock rooted 2.2 on my droid 1 and I was useing milestone overclock to have my phone overclocked at 1ghz. With this rom I can no longer use milestone overclock it wont load the module. Is there another way to overclock this rom?

jengas kahn

Reaction score
everytime i see the name of this rom in the custom rom section, "snake-bitten kitten" pops in my head. i'm not sure why but it has great staying power. you're welcome for the awesome suggestion for the next rom name.