??? about rooted wireless tether

solohikr

Reaction score
My friend has his droid X rooted and I do not. We are at discusion odds over the wireless tether is free or not. I say VZ can still tell its a computer not the phone, and he claims as long as its rooted and using wireless tether app for rooted phones, all they see is data usage. He claims VZ can not distinguish the difference between streaming a music app or watching loads of youtube videos. He thinks as long as he has unlimited data, it doesn't matter.

who is correct here, me or him?

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Well since I have seen people use like 10gigs of data by tethering on there phone in a month, I really don't know. I have never seen anyone prove that that they were charged for tether by Verizon but again I am just guessing. I would say however to not abuse it or you might find yourself under the microscope of Verizon. Remember that tethering not authorized by Verizon breaks your contract with them.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they wanted to, I'm sure they could distinguish a difference. In fact, I KNOW they can, but they don't pursue it because only a small portion of their customer base actually uses a free tethering app.