About hdmi

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
If we can add blur features back into liberty using the toolbox, y can't blur hdmi be added back like the blur camera can?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If we can add blur features back into liberty using the toolbox, y can't blur hdmi be added back like the blur camera can?

because...

Ok, really I don't know for sure, but I have my theories.

AOSP android has support for taking pictures, I assume there is a common api for doing so. Each camera application just interfaces with this api. That is why you see things like barcode scanners and such that can easily install on most or any android phone and utilize the camera.

HDMI is not necessarily on every android phone. In fact, it's fairly new. So I'd imagine that until hdmi becomes a "standard" for android then each device manufacturer needs to provide their own api and/or driver to integrate applications with the hdmi hardware. Since not generic hdmi driver exists, we need to rely on the motorola drivers which for one reason or another are not working on aosp/non-blur builds.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Good enough for me, I manage without, the roms are worth it. It will be nice when the hdmi works on the better roms tho.

DROIDX using DroidForums App

jjj751

Reaction score

because...

Ok, really I don't know for sure, but I have my theories.

AOSP android has support for taking pictures, I assume there is a common api for doing so. Each camera application just interfaces with this api. That is why you see things like barcode scanners and such that can easily install on most or any android phone and utilize the camera.

HDMI is not necessarily on every android phone. In fact, it's fairly new. So I'd imagine that until hdmi becomes a "standard" for android then each device manufacturer needs to provide their own api and/or driver to integrate applications with the hdmi hardware. Since not generic hdmi driver exists, we need to rely on the motorola drivers which for one reason or another are not working on aosp/non-blur builds.

Oh I see. What is the point of the camera interface on Liberty? I feel like it's a step back in terms of looks compared to the stock one. You can't even change the resolution on it.