A Visual Comparison between my iPad and my Galaxy Tab...

DaHarder

Reaction score
Well now that I've had a few days to really get my (rather awesome) Galaxy Tab all set-up/customized just the way I want it, I thought it might be a good time to post a visual GUI comparison between my iPad 64/WiFi3G and my Galaxy Tab/32gb.

How have my fellow G-Tab users configured their new toys?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know the iPad is a solid device, but is it just me or does it look extremely 'plain' (in terms of UI) in direct comparison with the Galaxy tab?

OP
DaHarder

DaHarder

Reaction score
I know the iPad is a solid device, but is it just me or does it look extremely 'plain' (in terms of UI) in direct comparison with the Galaxy tab?

How can it not be, given that the iOS UI is little more than a grid-locked array of look-alike little square icons?

It's fine for those with just a few apps, but for those seeking a more involved, dynamic, personalized interaction with their devices, it's quite old, dull, tired, and long overdue for a complete makeover.

Android is everything the iOS UI could/should be if it weren't so terribly locked/dumbed down... Customization Heaven! dancedroid

mosone

Reaction score
What app are you using for that sense lock? I've tried a few and even with the spare parts scale fix they don't scale properly ...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the size difference? My eyes are "old" so the extra few inches may be a big advantage.

Mike

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here are my three main screens...I have 5 but the other 2 are blank...I still need to update my dockbar icons - will be something by dreamlyfe... but this is what I have thus far..

aefd8bd5-a652-b0f4.jpg

aefd8bd5-a65e-19eb.jpg

aefd8bd5-a680-96b5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Different approach.

Right or wrong, I am a Mac user (iMac and MacBookPro). Mac's work well for me and meet my needs. My first smartphone was an iPhone. If AT&T had better coverage I imagine I would still have an iPhone. However, they do not so now I'm a Droid user.

Why do I need a tablet? When my wife and I travel we share the MBP. A tablet would provide a device for both of us and not break the bank.

For me one of the biggest advantages of my rooted Droid is that I can tether to my MBP in the car, rest stop, or hotel.

Both devices (Galaxy and iPad) have sufficient apps so that is not a concern.

As I mentioned above my eyes are old so the extra few inches of the iPad may be very helpful.

The iPad would sync with my MBP. My Droid does not but, honestly, that has not been an issue.

All valid thoughts and suggests are welcomed.

Mike

OP
DaHarder

DaHarder

Reaction score
What app are you using for that sense lock? I've tried a few and even with the spare parts scale fix they don't scale properly ...

I'm using LockBot Pro w/Spare parts and all works perfectly.

How do you feel about the size difference? My eyes are "old" so the extra few inches may be a big advantage.

Mike

I find the size/form-factor of my Galaxy Tab to be far better suited to what I desire/expect from a true on-the-go (yet still some 3 times larger than a smartphone) connected device, and the superior pixel density makes it a pleasure to gaze upon.

It didn't take long for me to grow somewhat weary of my iPad's weight, bulk, and general ergonomic unfriendliness when using it while out-and-about, so having such a powerful 7-inch slate that I can actually hold in one hand while using with the other is a real revelation.

For me, the Galaxy Tab is perfectly sized, weighted, and featured, so my iPad will be used solely around the house from now on.

Here are my three main screens...I have 5 but the other 2 are blank...I still need to update my dockbar icons - will be something by dreamlyfe... but this is what I have thus far..

That looks fantastic!

Last edited:

tegrevboy

Reaction score
Different approach.

Right or wrong, I am a Mac user (iMac and MacBookPro). Mac's work well for me and meet my needs. My first smartphone was an iPhone. If AT&T had better coverage I imagine I would still have an iPhone. However, they do not so now I'm a Droid user.

Why do I need a tablet? When my wife and I travel we share the MBP. A tablet would provide a device for both of us and not break the bank.

For me one of the biggest advantages of my rooted Droid is that I can tether to my MBP in the car, rest stop, or hotel.

Both devices (Galaxy and iPad) have sufficient apps so that is not a concern.

As I mentioned above my eyes are old so the extra few inches of the iPad may be very helpful.

The iPad would sync with my MBP. My Droid does not but, honestly, that has not been an issue.

All valid thoughts and suggests are welcomed.

Mike

You know that there is a workaround for your tethering problem with Droid do a search and you will see that there is a file out there to fix ad-hoc connections if in fact that is what i am getting from your post.

sent from my Samsung Tab

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the iPad. I use it primarily for internet purposes. It suits my needs perfectly. And I like having access to both sides of the app world out there. I would also add that Apples app store isn't quite what I thought it would be.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

All it takes is a background change. My iPad has rain drops on it.

Darkseider

Reaction score

All it takes is a background change. My iPad has rain drops on it.

Yeah but the raindrops don't move. Nor do you have a nifty windshield wiper to wipe away the rain when the forecast shows it. dancedroid