A sharing of a personal experience on these forums, from an innocent droid owner.

eperrine

Reaction score
No, i am not a troll nor am i a 'droid hater'. I am an innocent individual who was given an android mobile phone for christmas. Not being technologically 'gifted', i decided to visit some forums, seeking help, advice and opinion for my phone. Through out my several posts, i recieved constant nagging and critisism. To be honest, i do not give a damn if this post has already been posted by someone else, or if my title was in capital letters. its an absoloute joke. Then, i may reply to something i dont agree with, and you fanboys/girls attack me, in groups. It was my first time on a forum, and its my last. From the ridiculous administrating rules to the unfriendly and rude community, i shall not be recommending this site to any of my friends, family or collegues. Instead, i think i shall begin my own droid help forum, where you actually get help and not be critisized for your innocent questions. Again, i am not here today to troll or hate, im here to share my experience with you, so perhaps you can learn from it. Kind regards.
Sent from my X10i using DroidForums App

SmD71nG

Reaction score
I think you just got a wrong response from a wrong forum. The people here are quite patient and understanding. Hope you reconsider and ask what's on your mind.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

eqforus5

Reaction score
Personal Experience

I am new to the Droid experience as well and have recieved nothing but help when I have asked a question on any of the threads. Several of the forum members have even replied in pm. I hope you reconsider your choice as this can be a very helpfull forum if given another chance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html on posting guidelines?

Did you PM any of the Staff?

I think that may have been the part about ridiculous rules. ;)

Seriously in out Guidelines of Conduct it says that flaming will not be tolerated. But I don't know you at all so if you got flamed I'm unaware of it. I'll look at a few of your posts.

The secret to getting stuff done without getting flamed is if it starts up, report it to us. Every post has an ! off to the left side. Click that and report it to us if someone is mistreating you. Do not fight back and let the moderators take care of it for you.

I'll now take a look at some of your posts. If a action is needed I will take it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I took a look at your postings. In not one single incident did I see anyone being rude to you or flaming you. Why you get this impression is beyond me but lets just say I missed something. Please, I invite you to bring it to my attention I would love to help you out and keep you as a member of the Forum.

Now this post may all be written in vain because usually when someone says goodbye it means they won't read the feed back on their post. I saw you thanking people for helping you.

What seems to be the problem?

jdmm72

Reaction score
I think the problem stemmed from the multiple duplicate posts, that were removed. From the tone of it, the OP acted as if others on here we're obliged to offer answers, and if they didn't the OP would continue opening new threads asking the same question over and over, until an answer was provided. This is a voluntary forum, no one is obliged.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
eperrine,

I too read through your 27 posts. I saw a lot of your frustrations with ADW and having the latest and greatest device. I too had threads that I posted in closed. By hookbill and Backnblack. I didnt understand why until I read the Guide Lines of Conduct. The moderators and administrators work hard to keep this forum streamlined(no double posts) and family friendly(no flaming, name calling, etc.) There is always an exception, there are some members that troll, flame and poke fun at others, but if the mods dont see it/catch it, clicking the
report.gif
icon in their post will bring it to thier attention.There was even a time when I started a thread for help here --->http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rooted-help/84933-phone-wont-turn.html and no one replied with help. I'm a member of other forums, but prefer this one because of its friendly atmosphere. I encourage you to reconsider and would like to hear your feed back.

LadyVanilla

Reaction score
No, i am not a troll nor am i a 'droid hater'. I am an innocent individual who was given an android mobile phone for christmas. Not being technologically 'gifted', i decided to visit some forums, seeking help, advice and opinion for my phone. Through out my several posts, i recieved constant nagging and critisism. To be honest, i do not give a damn if this post has already been posted by someone else, or if my title was in capital letters. its an absoloute joke. Then, i may reply to something i dont agree with, and you fanboys/girls attack me, in groups. It was my first time on a forum, and its my last. From the ridiculous administrating rules to the unfriendly and rude community, i shall not be recommending this site to any of my friends, family or collegues. Instead, i think i shall begin my own droid help forum, where you actually get help and not be critisized for your innocent questions. Again, i am not here today to troll or hate, im here to share my experience with you, so perhaps you can learn from it. Kind regards.

Sorry you had a not so good experience; I'm new on here as well and everyone that responded was so welcoming when I first got on here.

LadyVanilla

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've been at a lot of forums in my life time. I've settled here and donated here because I think that DroidForums.net is the nicest most helpful forum out there today for Droid users/lovers like me. Other than the occasional light insults, which anyone will experience in their life time (some deserved/not) this place is pretty clean compared to most of the internet. Not sure how your experience is bad but a lot of people come here cuz this place actually works hard to help. Just like in real life, how you ask the question will get you help vs no help.

dcook12

Reaction score

To be honest, I almost left here and then realized I was overreacting. I have seen answers like did you search other threads because I know this has been asked a lot. I saw someone post and not get a reply. I did not have time to search, but suggested the same thing. I got a nasty reply (in my opinion) saying that they came here for help and telling them to search is not an answer. That kind of ticked me off. I replied and said I did really mean to help and did not have time to search myself but I knew the answer was here somewhere. I felt like I just answered like I have seen others do and felt their comment to me was uncalled for. But I have been on several forums also and this one in my opinion is the best! If I do not have an answer, I let someone else respond and if I have time to search the forum, I will and add a link to my response saying that I found this , check it out and hope it helps...So all I am saying is in the electronic world you can't see tone in a message and I know I overreacted and apologized for my response. So I too hope you give it another try. I have learned everything I know about my phone from this forum.. Good luck either way!!