A sad day for me and my for my droid1 :(

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well as of two days ago my beloved rooted droid1 is no more. :( I was heading out to take my dog outside and I left my phone on my end talbe still plugged in all was fine. When I came back in I checked my rooted droid and all I had was the Motorola emblem!! Don't know what happened or why just no phone at all nada,nothing, no one was around so no one messed with it it just seems like it erased everything itself! A complete wipe! SD card all of it, all backups, stock everything! Udder loss! Verizon sent me out a replacement one,but it sucks bad my perfect Droid gone sooo heart broken. And the replacement one has been updated so I can't root with a one click method like I did with the first. (z4root) I don't have a computer or even internet, so anything I do I have to do via phone method. Now my replacement phone is also being sent back cuz its refurbished and doesn't charge right you have to hold it in place or it wont charge. So they are going to send another one out and it will be on 2.2.1 but this one is on 2.2.2 which sucks by the way. What to do??? I want my original one back i was using my favorite rom miui ,but don't know why it did what it did. Anyone who knows what happened and why so I can make sure it wont happen again would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid1 refurbished! And its goin back! They are sending another one out and I'm just terrified that its gonna be even worse!

I am on my 5th og droid. This refurbished one is the best to date. About your problem... you can use someone else's computer or library maybe? Lol you might get looked at funny when they see what's running on the screen. Super one click root still roots no problems.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

Well if the one they send me tomorrow isn't any better...hell is coming on earth that's for sure! I spend major $$$'s on their Droid brand new,it gets defective before my contract is up and if they think they can pacify me with a refurbished one they gotta another thing coming! I at least expect it to last till the next upgrade! I don't abuse it if anything more obssesed over it.

Ha good for you. That makes one of us that doesn't abuse their phone.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

But I have nothing to place anything on. The system itself is erased.

And worse yet,I know more about computers like my dog knows not to get into trash..lol not very computer savy at all. I'm doing good with just enough terms to get what I need on my Droid rooted. What I learned here is all I know nothing else, when people start talking sbf files and rsdlite and USB connection its pretty much mud to me. I didnt have a need for computers so I never cared to learn it or its terms. Old school here before computers. Lol

I am so hard pressed to gets new Droid. My OG runs sooo much better them my friends. They have a 2 global and an incredible. My benchmarks are so much higher then thiers.

UD 3.0.1
B n B theme
Razor recovery
razor lv kernel 250 to 1.1 ghz

My Droid has been flashed more then a bead vendor at Mardi gras. ...

I am so hard pressed to gets new Droid. My OG runs sooo much better them my friends. They have a 2 global and an incredible. My benchmarks are so much higher then thiers.

UD 3.0.1
B n B theme
Razor recovery
razor lv kernel 250 to 1.1 ghz

My Droid has been flashed more then a bead vendor at Mardi gras. ...

Lmao! Well now, that's alot of flashing that's for sure. I was on miui 1.3 and on pl3 lv 1100 kernal
Clockworkmod recovery/sprecovery till my phone just flat out died on me. I can't root this one its on 2.2.2 and its going back to Verizon anyway. Just hope that the phone coming tomorrow wont be updated yet so I can attempt to root it like my first one.

heres a dumb guess, could it possibly have anything to do with magnets?

Nope. Just laying on the end table at the end of the couch on the charger like normal. No magnets around there. Just on my fridge. Lol

I'm on my 4th OG Droid this one I was finally able to root, the 5th "replacement" I sent back to them.

Now I am sitting with the "push" upon me ignoring it constantly - 5 different apps downloaded to install a new ROM with no clear idea how to make that push go away.

So you guys are saying... the push or system update 2.2.2 for my Original Droid will unroot and dis-able the ability to root?

This one has the update on it from Verizon and it won't root at all!! Just freezes and have to resort to a battery pull and power back on to get it back to normal. Just refuses to get access. Ignore the update! Its not anything at all.

Back