a really good video converter

bmx24

Reaction score
ok so i download the fast and the furious but the dam thing is an avi file and as u know i need it in an mp4 to play on my droid so i tried some media converters out there but they all turn the qualaty into crap but i know the movie is hd so do you know of any good free/cracked converters out there that wont mess up the qualaty of my movie

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bmx24

bmx24

Reaction score
do tou know how populaur it is?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's one of our supporting vendors. And please watch your language, we have a family friendly forum.

OP
bmx24

bmx24

Reaction score
It's one of our supporting vendors. And please watch your language, we have a family friendly forum.

o cool that makes me want to buy it and sory about the language part i'll do better next time :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so i download the fast and the furious but the dam thing is an avi file and as u know i need it in an mp4 to play on my droid so i tried some media converters out there but they all turn the qualaty into crap but i know the movie is hd so do you know of any good free/cracked converters out there that wont mess up the qualaty of my movie
Handbrake works for me.

You might not want to post about illegally downloading a movie in a forum where such discussion isn't allowed.

darkmatter

Reaction score
does rockplayer actually work now? I checked it out before, but it would never sync the audio.

that said I generally like to convert videos to match the screen resolution on my droid

sal33n

Reaction score
does rockplayer actually work now? I checked it out before, but it would never sync the audio.

that said I generally like to convert videos to match the screen resolution on my droid

Of the handful of divx videos I have played it worked great. As far as converting video goes, anytime you do a conversion you will lose quality, especially trying to up-convert. Most of the android screens are somewhere in the neighborhood of 800x480 or better. Most divx that are out there to download are usually lower resolution than that. You are better off just watching the videos at the resolution they are at and maybe using the full screen option which just blows it up a bit and you lose some of the top and side edges.

Kinda like making a copy of a copy of a copy, it only gets worse. The only true way to get the best possible picture is to convert directly from a VOB file, not a divx (avi) or any other converted video for that matter. Also understand the higher the res the more processing the cpu has to do and you can get skipping and artifacts while playing if your phones cpu isn't fast enough for the particular resolution you are trying to watch.

Last edited: