A question on messaging . . .

Bateluer

Reaction score
After installing HandSent SMS and configuring it the way I want, I no longer want the default Messenging client to pop notifications or come up at all. If I could remove it completely, that'd be great. I already set in the Settings>Applications to not to pop notices for Messenging, but when new contacts text me, it opens immediately with Messenging, prompting me to pick a default, Handsent or Messenging.

If there a way to make all sms messages go through HandCent?

Stigy

Reaction score
If you are getting double notifications go into the stock Messaging app then hit Menu > Settings and uncheck the notifications box towards the bottom.

If you are getting that popup to choose Handcent and Messaging, check the box that says "Always use this choice" and THEN select Handcent. There are a few times you are going to have to do that so that every SMS action launches with Handcent.

OP
Bateluer

Bateluer

Reaction score
If you are getting double notifications go into the stock Messaging app then hit Menu > Settings and uncheck the notifications box towards the bottom.

If you are getting that popup to choose Handcent and Messaging, check the box that says "Always use this choice" and THEN select Handcent. There are a few times you are going to have to do that so that every SMS action launches with Handcent.

I have to set this every single time I get a text from someone who hasn't previously sent me a text on the Droid. I cleared the notifications for the default Messenging.

Definitely more bells and whistles on Android then my only phone.

juhrich

Reaction score
I have a question along the same lines. I had a message come in and I got the "always use Messaging or Handcent to open option". I accidentally chose messaging when I wanted to choose Handcent. Is there a way to remove my choice? Thanks for the help.