A old newbie.......

canadian63

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Well I switched over from the Blackberry Curve to the Verizon HTC Incredible. I am NOT technically inclined but I do love this phone and try to find answers on the forums. I am a 9-1-1 Dispatcher and can help anyone through a true emergency but cant figure out a phone.....just my luck. HELP!!!!

So I do have a couple of questions right off the bat.

1) I downloaded Handcent and now I am receiving double notifications for messages, this is annoying, just one would suffice thank you.....any and all responses needed please :).

2). I lost my Download Manager. I have downloaded things before and it was all there, now I go to download something and its MIA! I am hoping I didnt accidentally delete it. It is listed in applications but I cannot do anything with that. Help me with this also.....

3)I cant for the life of me figure out how to keep my phone on ring but my mms and sms messages on vibrate. This shall be my last help request now, lol.

Thank you for any and all help to this lost 911 Dispatcher!

Please Stay safe out there
Sue:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums.

To get rid of the double notifications go to the stock messages app and press menu and then settings. Go down to Received notification and uncheck that. You should now only be receiving 1 notification.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Download manager.

To set messages to Vibrate only you will have to go to the notifications settings in Handcent and disable ring and enable vibrate or check them both if you want it to ring and vibrate. I do not have Handcent so i cant take you through a step by step like i did with getting rid of the double notifications but to get to the Handcent settings just push Menu and then settings while in the app.

OP
C

canadian63

Reaction score
Almost got it.....

First off thank you to MiXoLoGiSt. I found how to uncheck for the double notifications. I also managed to get it on ring only and vibrate for notifications.
To answer your question about the Download application. It is where everything I download goes to. It said Download manager and now I do not have it. Where are my downloads going? I cant find them anywhere now. If I need to reinstall something I loaded I do not have it on the phone in order to reinstall. I completely lost it. (((going in the direction of mentally also :icon_eek:))). All help is welcomed! Thanks everyone and please please stay safe out there and DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE!!!!

Your 911 Angel!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The download manager is just a part of the Android system. You dont have access to the Manager itself. All your downloads should go onto your SD card or phone storage and should pop up in the places they belong. Like say you download a picture, it should show up in the photo gallery.