A Little Problem

xSpartan15x

Reaction score
First of all, I have searched Google for my problem and haven't seen a real straight forward answer (or one that I can understand). I don't know what most abbreviations mean, etc. So if you could answer as simply as possible (or give a brief explanation of something) if you are to use more technical terms I would appreciate it!

Now, I have a Droid 2 Global, just installed the new update, to Gingerbread (I guess). When I look in my phone information it says 2.3.3. Before I installed the latest update, I had rooted my phone with z4root, and it worked very simply. Got the job done. Now, after updating (foolishly, without unrooting first) I no longer have a rooted phone. The update apparently unrooted my phone, but I still have Superuser on it. I try to reroot with z4root (which is still on my phone) but it didn't work, and from what I have now read it doesn't work with Gingerbread. I also tried to root with the Petes Motorola Root Tools and that seemed like it would work, but after 15 minutes or so was still running exploit. I'm assuming its not working because I already have Superuser, but I don't know how to get passed that.

I have read that a possible solution is to sbf (don't really know what that is) back to a previous version and then root (or something like that) but it didn't really click with me, probably being written from an admin on a forum who knows a heck of a lot more than I do. So, what would be a simple way to do this? Also would it clear data on my phone, and how would I go about backing it up?

Sorry if the question has been asked already, maybe my searching skills need improvement. Just point me in the right direction if you have seen a fix for this. Hopefully it's not very complicated and doesn't involve me clearing the data on my phone...I don't really want a big hassle. But either way, thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for whatever you can tell me.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
it has been asked and answered many many many times lol.
ok so z4root doesnt work on gingerbread(2.33) but it will unroot you(probably not relavant now). you could try droid 3 one click root i used that on mine and it got the job done, i dont know if thats the same as petes motorola root tool but its worth a shot.
and as for SBF = system boot file, i would not suggest doing that because then you would lose all your apps and data and its just a big hastle.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you have to manually unlock screen lock after Petes reboots phone so it can continue

and I installed Droid 3 Bootstrap after

OP
X

xSpartan15x

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers guys.

However, I went to the Motorola One Click Root and downloaded it, started running it (making sure phone was connected, charge only, etc). It found the phone, and ran exploit step 1 (setting up symlink) then it said Rebooting your phone... and stayed there. Just wondering how long did it take to run through the first reboot using this, and how long did the whole thing take?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you may have to manually unlock screen lock after it reboots phone so it can continue

OP
X

xSpartan15x

Reaction score
Thanks. Actually it wouldn't even reboot, would just say it was on the program but the phone did nothing. However on the 3rd try I think it finally rebooted it, (for the first step) its running right now so we'll see how that goes :)

Update: It finished running, everything went according to plan (according to the program) but when I tried to run an app that requires root access, it says I am not rooted. I'm rebooting it manually though, hopefully that will change after...
Update again: Nope, still not rooted. Got anything else I can try?

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
use Pete's
How To Root: One-Click for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008

you could try wiping cache
use Stock Recovery

if you are rooted you should have superuser in your apps

Last edited:
OP
X

xSpartan15x

Reaction score
Thanks, it seemed like it was about to work, but then got an error, because I already have superuser in my apps but I'm not rooted (if that makes sense). It told me to unroot first, but then it says "Do you want to restore your /system/app files too?" I don't remember removing any system files manually, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I'm not sure if either chose would make a difference or if it could mess something up. Would it matter if I picked yes or no?

Edit: Picked yes, says /restore/backup doesnt exist. It says to download that, so I'm going to try that and see what happens...hopefully doesnt mess with anything.

Last edited:

KylieJordan

Reaction score
I'm sorry this is so off topic, but I am new to this and couldn't find a post about it.

Recently, I updated my phone and now my voicemail password is no longer the same. It will not work and I have tried the last four digits of my phone number and my old password. Is there anyway that I can change my password without deleting the voicemails?

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading !

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I'm sorry this is so off topic, but I am new to this and couldn't find a post about it.

Recently, I updated my phone and now my voicemail password is no longer the same. It will not work and I have tried the last four digits of my phone number and my old password. Is there anyway that I can change my password without deleting the voicemails?

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading !

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17076

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Try 1234, 1111, your last 4 digits or last password again. If not you might need to call *611 and have them reset it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

spatialfear

Reaction score
you may have to manually unlock screen lock after it reboots phone so it can continue

How do I manually unlock screen lock after reboot...mine is still stuck at the Bootloader so it can continue and I am using Pete's. It has been 12min so far.