Restore D2G to update?

Last Reality

Reaction score
I have Liberty installed in my Droid 2 Global.

If I backed up my phone (using d2 bootstrapper, think it's called a nandroid backup) when it was just rooted, could I restore the phone to when it was just rooted? I could then delete all of the apps which needed root, unroot the phone (using z4root), and would the droid be back to where it was so I could get the gingerbread update?

I have already wiped/factory reseted and wiped the cache of the droid but Liberty was still on the phone. I am now reinstalling d2 bootstrapper in order to do the above.

Will it work?

If not, what is the correct way to get Liberty off your phone without sbf'ing (I want to save that as a last resort)?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Even after restoring a stock nandroid backup, you have to remove the bootstrap files. Otherwise, when you try to update, the hijack files/clockwork block the update installation.
As for completely unrooting, don't. Might aswell keep it to see if root carries over, unless it somehow manages to block the update.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
You can just use rsdlite and sbf. You can search the forums for the latest sbf and rsdlite prog. Im out right now don't have the links for them, if u need them I will upload for you just shoot me a msg.

clouse2013

Reaction score

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
You can just use rsdlite and sbf. You can search the forums for the latest sbf and rsdlite prog. Im out right now don't have the links for them, if u need them I will upload for you just shoot me a msg.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/147264-official-2-4-330-d2g-sbf-tbh.html

theres the 2.4.330 sbf. Its the latest update for D2G

Thats all you need. Easiest way. Turn phone off hold vol up + down + power. Then u just got to plug in to pc and use rsd, I think its by far the easiest way others will argue its not. Good luck

Last edited:

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
And from what I understand the update isn't available yet noone has it, it supposed to be out some time within the next 3 weeks so I wouldn't go crazy about rolling back your phone just yet.