A Flurry of Android Launches Coming to Verizon November 11th?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Droid-Life’s been tipped with some information regarding that ever-so-popular November 11th date we’ve heard of before: the Droid 2 Global, Droid Pro, and the Motorola Citrus will all launch on that day, just two weeks ahead of Black Friday festivities. We’ve also heard of the HTC Merge possibly getting a November 11th launch date previously. It’s hard to imagine this many high profile launches going down the same day (even the now-official Palm Pre 2 is being set for November 11th), but we’re excited if that turns out to be the case.
DROID-PRO-by-Motorola_front_VZW-548x1023.jpg

motorola-citrus-1286465211-214.jpg

........Motorola............Motorola.........HTC Merge
Citrus..............Droid Pro.............

by Quentyn Kennemer
on October 19th, 2010
Source

OuttaControlX

Reaction score
If the new htc phones can't be rooted I'm getting a D2, once u had kb... u don't go back

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the new htc phones can't be rooted I'm getting a D2, once u had kb... u don't go back

They have been, and still can be. The G2 ordeal was blown way out of proportion. All it is is a hardware bug and the usual locked hboot, which can be unlocked just like any other hboot.

Sent from my Droid

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score

They have been, and still can be. The G2 ordeal was blown way out of proportion. All it is is a hardware bug and the usual locked hboot, which can be unlocked just like any other hboot.

Sent from my Droid

According to everything I have read and specific threads over at XDA it is real and no bug. I would like to read some information that it can be rooted. I have a Droid X but Verizon has pissed me off for the last time so I am likely going to T-Mo over Sprint. I would like the G2 because of HSPA+ but if Not is will be the Vibrant.

r314bd

Reaction score
I can't wait to pick up a D2 Global, that will be epic

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to pick up a D2 Global, that will be epic

First off, nice try at getting passed the sensor... I've never seen that one before.

Second, what do you see in the Droid 2 Global? It's a D2 with a slightly faster processor and a spare radio that you will use once or twice a year (unless you are a constant traveler).

Last edited by a moderator:

r314bd

Reaction score
First off, nice try at getting passed the sensor... I've never seen that one before
ahhaha thanks, something I picked up along the way :p
Second, what do you see in the Droid 2 Global? It's a D2 with a slightly faster processor and a spare radio that you will use once or twice a year (unless you are a constant traveler).
That. Up until now I've had to choose between Windows Mobile and Blackberry for VZW smartphone use abroad, neither of which I'm a fan of. I plan on making heavy use of the SIM slot (assuming it's unlockable)
Dude, I'm gonna use that trick all the time. Thank you for the inspiration and long live freedom of word choice!
lulz don't do it! (on this forum, anyway) I got in trouble :eek:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off, nice try at getting passed the sensor... I've never seen that one before
ahhaha thanks, something I picked up along the way :p
That. Up until now I've had to choose between Windows Mobile and Blackberry for VZW smartphone use abroad, neither of which I'm a fan of. I plan on making heavy use of the SIM slot (assuming it's unlockable)
Dude, I'm gonna use that trick all the time. Thank you for the inspiration and long live freedom of word choice!
lulz don't do it! (on this forum, anyway) I got in trouble :eek:

Lol, kov is a trouble maker :)

Well, if that is what you want, you can also choose between the HTC Merge, and 2 other phones that will be world android phones all at around the same time.

droidilac

Reaction score
where?????

All these new phones are nice and all..... all I want is a super Droid phone preferably a global phone. I would really appreciate a front facing camera for video conference/calls.... put that tango app to good use lol..... not to mention a beefy processor.... lol