A fix for annoying auto correct bar?

Adhd

Reaction score
now that we have root.. any ideas of how to fix the annoying auto correct bar on the bottom after writing a message? Besides just hitting the back button.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You might try going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications. Once there hit Menu and select Filter. From Filter select All. Then scroll down to Swype and under Storage select Clear Data. No root required.

islander90

Reaction score
Fr33dom, that didn't fix it for me. The issue is (or at least the way that I just tested it) that if you type on the hardware keyboard and then press home while the auto-correct line is visible, the auto-correct line will remain visible until you close the keyboard. It's pretty annoying and will hopefully be fixed with the update. The current way to prevent it is to hit the back key to clear the auto-correct line before pressing home.

LT*

Reaction score
Swiftkey does this too. Very annoying.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
FWIW, I haven't had this happen since installing the leaked update.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

militant

Reaction score
Mine happens annoyingly when doing certain things, usually other than texting. Sometimes it'll appear on my homescreen if the screen orientation changes while backing out of a message. Also happens when I post a status update to FB via the launcher pro widget, and any other place that I type in text. Usually happens more in landscape mode than portrait.