seriously annoying texting issues after updating to jelly bean PLEASE help

demarco5

Reaction score
only 50% of my texts or probably less then that will actually confirm that they were sent....the other 50% will just hold the green arrow looking thing there so i have no clue if the text was sent or not

also when typing on the physical keyboard it will auto correct all my words even though auto correct is off is my settings

VERY VERY annoying, any fixes?!?!

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
[h=2]upgraded to jelly on droid 4...[/h]
only 50% of my texts or probably less then that will actually confirm that they were sent....the other 50% will just hold the green arrow looking thing there so i have no clue if the text was sent or not

also when typing on the physical keyboard it will auto correct all my words even though auto correct is off is my settings

VERY VERY annoying, any fixes?!?!​

EastPhilly

Reaction score
I also have this problem in handcent. One message out of every few will just show the "sending" circle, but I believe it still gets sent.

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
i checked online on my account and it doesnt show half of them as being sent...

audinutt

Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset yet?
It is pretty much standard protocol after a software update.
I did a factory reset before I installed jellybean and other than 2 random reboots it has been flawless.

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
nah didnt wanna do a factory reset bc i wanted to keep all my texts...guess i might have to now though what a disaster

Encarnacion

Reaction score
I am having this exact issue. Except for me, it's about 80% of my texts that don't go through or just have the green arrow. I've been having a lot of issues since the update.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I always do a factory reset after any software update. It's a little tedious to backup everything, but there are enough apps to help out. Doing a factory reset will clear up most things, and get things back to normal.

seove

Reaction score
After the update I have several issues that are driving me nuts.

Missing texts messages
Sleep Mode gone
Auto space with browser not working
Gallery pics all disorganized
Phone and People apps not organized. Many duplicates and "(no name)" entries
Speed dial settings gone
Emergency contacts gone
Contact icons missing

Just to name a few.