A few questions that I can't find answers to

bryandoughty

Reaction score
For some reason the facebook widget will not update...its showing statuses from 24hours ago and older. Also, when you search on the google toolbar widget, it saves the recent searches..how do i remove those. Lastly, how do I put music from my computer to the phone? I plugged the phone into my computer but it said it couldn't install without a disk? A software disk didn't come with my phone. Is there one i need to get in order to upload songs to my Droid? thanks

andjarnic

Reaction score
Make sure to log in to your FB account and set the Status Updates to be the first thing you see when you log in. There was an update to FB a few weeks ago that changed the front page you log in to. You have to manually hit the FB icon (upper left on their page), then below it you'll see a list of items. The top one is the one you see on your page and I suspect what the FB widget on the phone shows for status updates. You will need to find the Status Update item (might have to expand the More option) drag it to the top, then select it. From then on your latest status updates should show up.

What OS are you using? For Ubuntu, Windows XP/Vista/7 and OSX, I don't think you need anything. When you connect your phone to the USB of a computer, you have to pull down that top satus bar area, look for the Connected to USB, and select it, then select Mount I believe. If you are doing that, then not really sure what else is needed.

kaorte

Reaction score
1. if you click menu while in the facebook app it will give you an option to refresh, see if that helps you out :)
2. No clue, maybe under menu?
3. Connect to your computer via USB and you will get a little alert on the phone telling you it is connection, you will be presented with two options, "mount" and "don't mount". If you mount it, you will be able to see it in My computer and you can explore the device.

Add music to the DCIM folder, or create another folder within this folder called music and dump files there.

hope that made sense D:

OP
B

bryandoughty

Reaction score
I clicked refrese but it only refreshed when i was in the app...i still cant figure out how to refresh the widget itself..on the widget you can scroll through recent status posts..i cant figure out how to update it..thanks for your guys help

Last edited:

Droider

Reaction score
If you haven't, try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work then try deleting the widget and then place it back on your home screen.

Finally, make sure you aren't using a TasKiller type program to kill facebook widget which will be running in the background as either an app or process.