A dead spot on my screen, does not sense touch anymore

ctsv510

Reaction score
Yesterday I started having a problem pressing buttons on the screen and the scrolling was not working smoothly. I finally realized that the problem was a block of my Droid's screen that stopped responding to touch. It's a block right in the middle of the screen about 1/2 high and the length of the screen. It stays in the same spot when the screen is rotated. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to happen on the home screen, but the problem exists in every app and menu.

I tried a battery pull and it didn't help. I took it to verizon today and they looked at it and couldn't figure it out so they are shipping me a new phone. They said that they have never seen this before.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guchi

Reaction score
as long as its not beat up call vzw for a "certified like new replacment" gotta love your warranty

OP
C

ctsv510

Reaction score
Neither I or they tried a factory reset. I guess they didn't think that would help.

OP
C

ctsv510

Reaction score
Neither I or they tried a factory reset. I guess they didn't think that would help.

That's something you should try, you got nothing to lose.

Yeah I guess but they are already sending me another phone so I might as well send this one back not working. At this point I'll just take advantage of the warranty.

I was curious to see of anyone else had the same issue.

OP
C

ctsv510

Reaction score
A quick update - I received my new phone today so I cleared the data off the old one via a factory data reset. The problem still exists so that would not have been a solution to me.

Also, I was hoping that saving the swype installer apk and program apk would let me install it on the new phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :mad:

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
I just googled this issue and found your thread. I have the same problem, in the same exact spot. After talking to a tech in store, I think it's the accelerometer. I wonder if could be related to kernels at all. Maybe oc'ing ruined my phone? I only OC at 800mhz. How about you? What speeds were you running?

sbursik

Reaction score
Same issues here. Getting a replacement in the mail on Wednesday. I dont think that OC is the cause. Too many people complaining of the same issues.

OP
C

ctsv510

Reaction score
I just googled this issue and found your thread. I have the same problem, in the same exact spot. After talking to a tech in store, I think it's the accelerometer. I wonder if could be related to kernels at all. Maybe oc'ing ruined my phone? I only OC at 800mhz. How about you? What speeds were you running?

My phone was 100% stock and the only non-market app I ever installed was swype. I doubt the over clocking had anything to do with this issue.