A bug, or just something I'm missing

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes when a contact that has been assigned a ringtone will call that the wrong ringtone will play (and the one that plays is NOT the default ringtone).

Also, when someone calls there's a slider to answer the call, but sometimes it's a button.

Anyone run in to this?

FWIW, it's the stock ROM

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As for the slide to answer vs button to answer I think the slide shows up if the phone was asleep and the button shows up if it was awake and in use.

tappin and a talkin

timrock

Reaction score
Correct
As for the slide to answer vs button to answer I think the slide shows up if the phone was asleep and the button shows up if it was awake and in use.

tappin and a talkin

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KGroves

Reaction score
When I have that problem, it seems to go away if I power off the phone, re setting it.
Memory cache bug?

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I noticed that sometimes when a contact that has been assigned a ringtone will call that the wrong ringtone will play (and the one that plays is NOT the default ringtone).

Yup, this happens to me. It's usually when I have the phone plugged into my car stereo ... I get random ringtones when a call comes in. It's annoying, not to mention that it defeats the purpose of customized ringtones. If I have to take my eyes off the road to see who's calling, what's the point of assigning certain callers their own ringtone?

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
a clarification of the button/slider "issue". Its a slider when the phone is locked and a button when the phone is not locked. not 'asleep' and 'awake'. as for your ringtone bug, i havent had that happen since i just use the default one for all calls.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
a clarification of the button/slider "issue". Its a slider when the phone is locked and a button when the phone is not locked. not 'asleep' and 'awake'.

What's the difference?

tappin and a talkin

eh idk i dont like the terms asleep and awake because software isnt organic and imo i believe asleep and awake should be used for living and breathing things like humans

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

a clarification of the button/slider "issue". Its a slider when the phone is locked and a button when the phone is not locked. not 'asleep' and 'awake'. as for your ringtone bug, i havent had that happen since i just use the default one for all calls.
Thanks, that makes sense. Now that you mention it I am going to confirm this even though it won't matter. I just don't know why they made it different.

Haven't figured out the ringtone thing.