97% of America?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are referring to available voice calling, whether on their native or extended network partners.

They're doing this to confuse people, because VZW exposed the fact that VZW had a much larger 3G network than AT&T, and AT&T is misinforming people that they cover 97% of the U.S. - not telling them that the 3G is pitiful.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Exactly. I hated ATT which is why I switched. They are so full of it. Been saying for years that "they are getting 3G tomorrow" I was so tired of it I finally convinced my wife to switch and here we are and will never look back. ATT wishes their service was good.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

techguru

Reaction score
They are also saying they have coverage were 97% of Americans live or work, but that doesn't mean they have coverage out on the road or in the countryside where you need mobile coverage the most.

Alan

bishoy

Reaction score
i take lots of roadtrips with my friends (the most frequent trip being between tampa, fl and corpus christi, tx) and i love it when my friend with the iPhone complains of having no signal at all, and im streaming pandora with full 3g dancedroid

there are times where i have no signal at all at some point on I-10 somewhere in alabama, but that only lasts about 20 miles or so

OP
T

TheLastNative

Reaction score
They are referring to available voice calling, whether on their native or extended network partners.

They're doing this to confuse people, because VZW exposed the fact that VZW had a much larger 3G network than AT&T, and AT&T is misinforming people that they cover 97% of the U.S. - not telling them that the 3G is pitiful.

The availability makes sense. I remember when they used to poke fun at Verizon because you couldn't talk and surf the web at the same time. Now it's a different story.

When did this exposing happen?

DROID FANATIC

Reaction score
What is so interesting is ATT as the money to beef up their network, but doesn't spend the money, yet Verizon is continuously expanding their network.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
What is so interesting is ATT as the money to beef up their network, but doesn't spend the money, yet Verizon is continuously expanding their network.

Yea they do they spend the money on advertising telling people that they have the biggest network. That's like the same thing, right?

/tongue in cheek

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Actually ATT is claiming 97% of Americans, not America. Using population maps I would imagine even metroPCS coverage would surprise most people.

I must be in the 3%.

SiGfever

Reaction score
Years ago there was this little thing called "Truth in Advertising". Now it is lets see who can lie the most. :cus:

zzhou

Reaction score
I must be one of the 3% US population. And everybody going into our cafeteria at work is one of the 3%.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App