904 Cheesecaked.

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
That's my source on it being a future soak test.

I wouldn't make that leap. DL says 'testers' and never mentions a soak. We saw 2 leaks on the first update that never made it to soak, and one on the last update (901). Certainly no harm in trying this leak, getting back to 902 is very easy now. And not giving you a hard time, just keeping it straight for all the folks that quickly read a thread and make a decision they may not like.

Batman8

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, have any of you with Forever Root tried the new .904 software update, and if so, did you lose root afterwards? Just wondering. Thanks.

P.S. - I'm also very curious if ICS will cause Forever Root to break when it's released? Anyone have any idea?

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
P.S. - I'm also very curious if ICS will cause Forever Root to break when it's released? Anyone have any idea?

I would say yes it will break the current root, it will be a whole new OS so old exploits won't carry over. But I am sure it will get rooted the very first day.

Insert witty sig here.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Also I've been running 904 for about a week now and it's great, I'd say even more stable than 902, in terms of mobile data connection. Battery life is great. Haven't noticed any problems at all with the phone, and that's just the way things should be, right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

haimez

Reaction score
I'm also having no issues with the 904 link- data signal reliability is at least as good as 902 (day to day variations make it difficult to definitively claim it to be better). Personally, I'm one if those people who can't stand the thought of not running the latest OS version, so I'm happy having upgraded.

Batman8

Reaction score
I downloaded .904 and tried to install it via recovery but keep getting the error... "E:signature verification failed"

Any ideas on how to get around this error and install the update with no problems? By the way, I am "For3ver Rooted".

Thanks.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
One of my bionics is sitting at stock/voodooed 902 waiting for legit 904, the other one is OCed on 902 (1.266 GHZ) throwing up 6500+ antutu scores...if I like 904 after the 8MB gets it I'll FXZ the 16MB back to stock, get 904, and reflash the OC module....at the moment I'm experimenting with core activation scripts :)