flashed the 904 leaked update, but want to go back to 902.

Tonik

Reaction score
According to this screenshot, the OTA update is supposed to be rolling out tomorrow. Maybe it'll get delayed so they can make changes.

It says the 5th. So I think we will see the soak tomorrow and the full roll over the weekend. Which if my memory is correct is how it usually goes...I think the soaks I was on were Thursdays.

Maddog241

Reaction score
I remember that when I flashed the 902 update, my battery life went downhill big time. I'm not rooted and completely stock, so I wiped the cache partition through stock recovery and that seemed to really help. Plus it is always good to let a newly loaded OS settle in for a couple days before passing judgement.

That is why I don't understand the soak test process. I was in the 902 soak, and Moto does not give enough time to really evaluate the workings.

Tonik

Reaction score
That is why I don't understand the soak test process. I was in the 902 soak, and Moto does not give enough time to really evaluate the workings.

My theory is they are not testing the updates performance at that point, they are only testing the actual upgrade process. The survey's and forum are just to gather additional info for future use.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It says the 5th. So I think we will see the soak tomorrow and the full roll over the weekend. Which if my memory is correct is how it usually goes...I think the soaks I was on were Thursdays.

OK. It said "Push OTA or EUT" for 5/3 and "Available for Pull 11:549PM EST" on 5/5 so I thought it would be 5/3. I was part of the .902 soak and got the survey of my experiences which had to be completed by the 9th (a Thursday in February). So it could be officially going out on the 4th.

My theory is they are not testing the updates performance at that point, they are only testing the actual upgrade process. The survey's and forum are just to gather additional info for future use.

I slso got a 60 day survey for long term use.

Last edited: