7 days out of warranty and I have a brick and never rooted.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Try Manufacturers Warranty

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

How long is the manufacturers warranty good for? A year? And I thought he said he was out of warranty lol..maybe I misunderstood the op....

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Ok, downloading the froyo one now. 52%. Will burn , then boot to cd and give it a shot. Thanks for idea. If this doesnt work, looks like I am gonna have to buy a phone tommorow. Bionic looks sweet, but I was pretty happy with the X and not looking forward to blowing $400 by time tax, etc are added in.

And are u due for an upgrade? Beacuae retail I think the bionic is close to $600..

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
How long is the manufacturers warranty good for? A year? And I thought he said he was out of warranty lol..maybe I misunderstood the op....

Aah sorry I don't have my glasses on. Well then I think he's SOL

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea, out of warranty...Lady at Verizon said I could do an early upgrade for $20.00.

Booting to linux now.

Just did the linux SBF....same result. Can't get into recovery.

I know the home button was working today....so not a hardware issue.

Last edited:

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Yea, out of warranty...Lady at Verizon said I could do an early upgrade for $20.00.

Booting to linux now.

I always do early upgrades lol..or I sell my phone and don't get a contract lol..k let me know how it goes..make sure ur battery is charged

OP
M
Reaction score
I always do early upgrades lol..or I sell my phone and don't get a contract lol..k let me know how it goes..make sure ur battery is charged

I know the home button was working today....so not a hardware issue. Is it possible somehow the recovery needs to be re written? I dont know...

Dustin0308

Reaction score

I know the home button was working today....so not a hardware issue. Is it possible somehow the recovery needs to be re written? I dont know...

How long do u let it sit at the m logo...or does it just never boot to the Droid eye? And maybe the home button just went out on ya

OP
M
Reaction score
How long do u let it sit at the m logo...or does it just never boot to the Droid eye? And maybe the home button just went out on ya

Ive let it sit for a while. Never gets to the eye. I guess it is possible the button went out, but seems to much of a coincidence that it stopped working when the phone wouldn't boot. Home button was working all day.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Yea, I am giving it a shot.

K..I'm trying to get another person with possible knowledge of this...it seems to be an issue on stock. 602 that has come up before...might be a known fix for it..hold tight

OP
M
Reaction score
K..I'm trying to get another person with possible knowledge of this...it seems to be an issue on stock. 602 that has come up before...might be a known fix for it..hold tight

YEah, IM not getting anywhere with the ADB. Not sure what I am supposed to do. I loaded SDK, but am confused.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
YEah, IM not getting anywhere with the ADB. Not sure what I am supposed to do. I loaded SDK, but am confused.

Yea scratch that..just pull ur battery..I tweeted the link. I'm not familiar with the 602 build or problems as I don't have an x anymore but an sbf seems to always work..maybe u can try the gingerbread sbf on that CD and see if it takes

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea scratch that..just pull ur battery..I tweeted the link. I'm not familiar with the 602 build or problems as I don't have an x anymore but an sbf seems to always work..maybe u can try the gingerbread sbf on that CD and see if it takes

OK, downloading it now. Probably last shot on this battery. Second battery, first one is dead.