[KERNEL] 6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

jtc303

Reaction score
I would try that. Use the 1.7 utility option 2 to unstick an ICS install.

Make sure you have the update zip for .211 on your external SD card, it is the zip file that is actually labeled for .181.

Then once in Ap Fastboot mode hit option 2 and let it do it's thing. Once it is done reboot and go into recovery, it will be loading some files (let it do this). Then it will probably reboot itself and hang on the M logo, that is normal. Do a hard reset by holding down the volume down and power button and when the phone turns off hold both volume buttons to get back to recovery. Then do the update zip from the SD card, doing a factory data reset will probably be best before you do that too.

Ok I will do this... thanks for all the help by the way, appreciate it

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tethering works with native bluetooth, however i never clocked over 1.4mbps, even with lte. FoxFi worked nice, and clocked lte speeds. I have the horspot app disabled but still got the notification on the status bar.

I believe the slow speed via bluetooth would be due to the low data rate of bluetooth itself. 1.4mbps is probably about as good as it's going to get as you're just about maxing out your BT connection.

diesel84

Reaction score
can someone let me know if this approach will work?

I currently have .211 installed, no root.
1) Turn off the phone and then press Vol up + vol down + power button until I can select AP Fastboot.
2) Plug phone into computer and use the Droid Razr Root 6.16.214 Leak utilty.
3) Select option 2 and flash to .85
4) Reboot into .85, enable debugging, etc..
5) Power down phone and press vol up + vol down + power button to get back into AP Fastboot.
6) Use option 3 in Droid Razr Root 6.16.214 Leak utilty to flash to new leak .214
7) Reboot phone and I should now have latest version?

I hope this will help others, if this is the correct method. I can improve on the steps once I get this down on my end.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This utility only flashes the boot image you need to install the update.zip from your SD card to get the newest version.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

diesel84

Reaction score
Ok so instead of using the utility in step 6, i should install update zip using fastboot or will i need clockworkmod in. 85?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No neither one of those will do it. You need to have the update zip on your SD card and boot into normal recovery and then select the option to apply update from the SD card.

Just make sure and do some more reading about what you are doing before you dive in. There are plenty tutorials around, I would read through them ahead of time so you will be familiar with the process before actually doing it on your phone.

It is pretty easy but you can mess your phone up just as easily.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Well, that was simple.

I was on rooted 211 (nothing frozen, only hidden) and I just:

- Hid root with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
- Installed update from recovery
- Cleared cache (forgot to do that FIRST, doh)
- Rebooted, watched "Optimizing Application x of y"
- Verified I now have 214
- Restored root with Voodoo.

Done deal. Thanks to all, including those that confirmed this method would work fine to keep root.

Although I have a Maxx and the battery is still not a problem, I did notice the drainage appeared to be a little more rapid than GB. Yesterday, I came pretty close to running out of juice with a full charge to start the morning, so I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Phreaker47 said:
Well, that was simple.

I was on rooted 211 (nothing frozen, only hidden) and I just:

- Hid root with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
- Installed update from recovery
- Cleared cache (forgot to do that FIRST, doh)
- Rebooted, watched "Optimizing Application x of y"
- Verified I now have 214
- Restored root with Voodoo.

Done deal. Thanks to all, including those that confirmed this method would work fine to keep root.

Although I have a Maxx and the battery is still not a problem, I did notice the drainage appeared to be a little more rapid than GB. Yesterday, I came pretty close to running out of juice with a full charge to start the morning, so I hope this helps.

Awesome. Glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I feel that it is, could be placebo effect but I say it is an improvement.

androidify

Reaction score
I'd like to hear more of what people think of this update i myself feel my phone is more fluid and less glitchy I've only been running it for a day and a half though I'll get back to you guys in a couple more days on the battery life

dmoore

Reaction score
I sideloaded 214 after ota 211 stock used 1.7 utility option 3 4.04 root worked great but before that I boot looped by using unstuck #2 found out I had a bad sd card ,kept getting aborted, signature veri. failed.Changed Card back to my 16 that came with phone ,sideloaded files then all flashed perfect.Had to make sure to check to allow unknown sources and checked and usb debug.