4g tether charging problem

neveragon

Reaction score
Is it normal for a bionic to drain faster than it charges with heavy 4g tether usage on wall charger and USB charger.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
neveragon said:
Is it normal for a bionic to drain faster than it charges with heavy 4g tether usage on wall charger and USB charger.

I had my RAZR Maxx connected to my TV with the HDMI cable and had the same problem.

Charger couldn't keep up with rate of discharge while watching movies. I imagine we are not the only ones with this type of issue.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes unfortunately. Start with a fresh battery especially USB tethering it drops like a rock with only 500mA to work with.

OP
N

neveragon

Reaction score
Anyone know if I could just use a factory cable without a battery for tethering instead? I feel like I'm going to murder my battery using tether as much as I'm going to.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Anyone know if I could just use a factory cable without a battery for tethering instead? I feel like I'm going to murder my battery using tether as much as I'm going to.

I think that would be the only way to do it. A factory cable supplies power even when the phone is powered off so theoretically it should work. You are talking about the TBH cables right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DerekWeber

Reaction score
Usually when i wifi tether i am plugged in with a car charger. It seems to break even between discharge and charge. Also, the phone gets hot as hell.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Usually when i wifi tether i am plugged in with a car charger. It seems to break even between discharge and charge. Also, the phone gets hot as hell.

One suggestion, if you're just using the Bionic for tethering, why not actually under-clock the phone to 800 Mhz or less since you don't really need processing speed and this usually helps with the battery drain and heat issues. I've done this quite a few times on different ROMs and it does make a difference. Just a thought from the peanut gallery!

Cheers

OP
N

neveragon

Reaction score
That works amazingly well matjmonk! thank you so much, my phone actually charges now and doesnt fry itself when i tether :)