Not on NYU bill .i use the native tethering all of the time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yes and no.

Technically, you are supposed to pay vzw to do so. But there are apps that let you do it without paying.

You can still do it today, but just be warned that if caught they can do stuff like auto add it or have it redirect you ti the "you gotta pay up" page.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Abadus

Reaction score
Yes and no.

Technically, you are supposed to pay vzw to do so. But there are apps that let you do it without paying.

You can still do it today, but just be warned that if caught they can do stuff like auto add it or have it redirect you ti the "you gotta pay up" page.

The native USB tethering on the Bionic does not give any warnings about charging you like it does if you try and use the built in WiFi tether. My understanding is that people are using it and not getting charged. Without a charge warning I am sure you could fight them on it if you were charged. I tried it for a minuet and have not noticed any charges. If I use it for any substantial amount of time I will report back.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I've been using the native USB tethering since a few days after I got my Bionic and through 2 billing cycles they haven't charged me for it.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Thanks guys, good to know. We'll see if they change it with an update.

joshmiddle

Reaction score
I just used it today. Anyone goten charged for it are we even doing something wrong or does it just come free now? Everything else asks me before charging so ill assume its free. Smiles

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am using it for travel right now. I will definatly post back if i get a bill. It it says nothing about being billed.
Probably they just forgot to lock it down & when they figure it out it will get an uppdate pushed out locking it.