Bionic USB Tether

breid

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to tether to a Toshiba Thrive tablet using an USB cable? I can USB tether to a Windows notebook with no problem. The Thrive has both the regular and mini USB ports, but I can't seem to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Tazz3L

Reaction score
ditto question, steps to tether Thrive via USB to Driod

Has anyone been able to tether to a Toshiba Thrive tablet using an USB cable? I can USB tether to a Windows notebook with no problem. The Thrive has both the regular and mini USB ports, but I can't seem to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Would love to tether via USB to avoid paying more $$$ to Verizon. One would think that an Android device could talk to another Android device! thanks for any help you can provide!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
try android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com

i love it use it for my wifes laptop and my xbox.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another alternative is FoxFi in the market. I use it to share my Bionic connection with my Asus TF101 when needed.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
breid said:

There is a simple hack to use the stock hotspots without third party apps

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
There is a simple hack to use the stock hotspots without third party apps

Go to the market an download sqlite editor (u have to buy it) then open it an looked for settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench icon) open it then tap on settings.db ----> settings an scroll down till u find entitlement check ( its around value 147) once u find it to the right u will see a 1 long press on it an a menu will pop up tap on edit field an change the 1 to 0 an reboot then start mobile hotspot an set it up to preference an then change the dhcp's last double digit (I think it was 42) to 99 an save

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
dfcfu342 said:
But why buy when FoxFi is free and works just as well?

Because the stock hot spot will be better than any third party app any day of the week cuz the hot spot was specifically coded an compiled for that device no 2 hot spots on 4g devices are the same I have seen much better signal with the stock hot spot than any other 3 party app

TatDroid

Reaction score
Foxfi works great for me. I've connected various laptops, iPads, my Asus Transformer, and more. Haven't failed to connect any device yet.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
TatDroid said:
Foxfi works great for me. I've connected various laptops, iPads, my Asus Transformer, and more. Haven't failed to connect any device yet.

Trust me there is a difference in overall signal strength an quality

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Go to the market an download sqlite editor (u have to buy it) then open it an looked for settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench icon) open it then tap on settings.db ----> settings an scroll down till u find entitlement check ( its around value 147) once u find it to the right u will see a 1 long press on it an a menu will pop up tap on edit field an change the 1 to 0 an reboot then start mobile hotspot an set it up to preference an then change the dhcp's last double digit (I think it was 42) to 99 an save

Do you have a link to a guide or instructions?

Sent from my iced bionic using Droid Forums. ty gummy!!!

tgs3838

Reaction score
try android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com

i love it use it for my wifes laptop and my xbox.

Thats what I use to use. Worked great for what I needed. Trying to put it back on my new phone and I cant seem to get it working. Kinda frustrating. When i go thur the stock hotspot app it connects. But doesnt seem to have any internet access. Hopefully Ill figure something out later.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Do you have a link to a guide or instructions?

Sent from my iced bionic using Droid Forums. ty gummy!!!

This is what I followed. Not sure if this is the best method or not. But After i did all this is wouldnt work. After I did a battery pull everything seems to be working fine