4G signal & battery life. Strong = Long?

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
I generally use my phone where signal strength is 2 bars at best.

I'm for what seems like the first time spending an extended period of time where I have full signal on 4G. A warm coffee shop on a cold day!

Would I be correct in determining my battery life is markedly improved as a result of this? I gather the phone is not working so hard to maintain a signal?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. I live in a very strong 4G area and get fantastic battery life. I recently traveled to an area with poor 4G and got about half of what I normally get for battery on my Maxx.

Turning WiFi on and connecting to a local wifi network where you are at will also help if 4G is weak.

David

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. I live in a very strong 4G area and get fantastic battery life. I recently traveled to an area with poor 4G and got about half of what I normally get for battery on my Maxx.

Turning WiFi on and connecting to a local wifi network where you are at will also help if 4G is weak.

David

A follow up please. Given equally strong signals, 4G full & Wi-Fi, which would consume the least amount of battery life?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A follow up please. Given equally strong signals, 4G full & Wi-Fi, which would consume the least amount of battery life?

Wifi, without a doubt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2