4G setting

DroidStang

Reaction score
just curious because I'm not in a 4g area, supposed to have here in june/july I hear. But where do you look to see that your TB is set if you drove through a 4g area it would switch/pick it up?

Also since verizon does not charge for roaming, and my blackberry has data roaming checked under mobile networks I checked that on the TB to...may help if traveling and your not using a verizon tower. I'm guessing.

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
Your phone will automatically switch to 4G, download a program called Phone Info. You can verify that your network settings are set to CDMA + LTE/EVDO. Or you can select CDMA Auto (PRL) to save battery life by having it not search for 4G.

Also, voice/text roaming within the states is free, but I would not recommend turning data roaming on. If you go outside of the U.S. your phone will download data and you will be charged a LOT of money for it.

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
Yeah i like that app all the settings you pointed out are set

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
If you just use cdma will you still be able to tether and talk

geoff5093

Reaction score
If you just use cdma will you still be able to tether and talk

You would want to chose the CDMA Auto (PRL) option, which switches between 3G and 1X, if you choose 3G only voice calls will not work. You can still tether as well using that option.

phone info is a great find...thanks for the 411 Geoff!
You're welcome!

Fullstop

Reaction score
The program looks perfect. My question is, how do I apply the changes once I choose the new setting?

Fullstop

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've tried, but there is not a commit changes option.

I honestly have no idea. I'm not overlooking it. I just changed it. Backed out and rebooted.

The options it gives me are: view sim address book, view fixed dialing numbers, view service dialing numbers, pdp list, disable data connection, more.

More shows diable data on boot, and fake meid.

Thanks for your help!

geoff5093

Reaction score
You're pressing the menu button on the phone right? Not sure what to say, it works for me and that is the only option I see, I don't see anything about sim address books.

Fullstop

Reaction score
You're pressing the menu button on the phone right? Not sure what to say, it works for me and that is the only option I see, I don't see anything about sim address books.

Yep. I also tried *#*#4636#*#*

And it comes up with the same thing. At the top on the main menu it says testing and has everything else. Just hitting the menu key offers a different serving.

I am confused.

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash this, adds an option under Wireless & networks to give you a Radio Info option, u can switch the 4g on and off in there.

Last edited:

Fullstop

Reaction score
Flash this, adds an option under Wireless & networks to give you a Radio Info option, u can switch the 4g on and off in there.
I've searched for "Flash This" and can't find anything. Or am I being stupid.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've searched for "Flash This" and can't find anything. Or am I being stupid.

Wow I completely forgot to upload the file, sooooo sorry.

I have added the file to my post.