Data Roaming

jasonty

Reaction score
All,

In settings>mobile networks>data roaming there is data roaming and system select. At the moment my phone has data roaming unchecked and system select is set to automatic. I have the Unlimited Data Package. What happens if I'm out of area and I put it on data roaming? Will I have extra charges?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All,

In settings>mobile networks>data roaming there is data roaming and system select. At the moment my phone has data roaming unchecked and system select is set to automatic. I have the Unlimited Data Package. What happens if I'm out of area and I put it on data roaming? Will I have extra charges?

I think this has been discussed several times before, if you are in the U.S. then no, only if you go outside of the U.S.

Really Verizon is the best one to answer this question for you. I'm going off my memory. What's left of it.:D

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
Now that it is rooted, is there any way to stop my phone from constantly turning the data off ? I'm not always in prime areas, and even if I'm in the middle of something, it keeps turning the Roaming Data off.

Reaction score
You could always buy roam control from the market and force roam it as a temp fix now that d3 has root access.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums

roaddaw9

Reaction score
So I am traveling to a farm area tomorrow and need some help. This isn't fully verizon coverage area but I was told previously by a rep that you can keep data roaming turned on as long as you stay with the USA. So on a DROID RAZR maxx with ics, how does one enable data roaming? I see an option for what appears to be outside the USA, but is that the same? Or am I just asking something the phone does automatically?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see the option anymore on ICS..

Verizon's data is nation wide, so maybe the setting is just automatic now. I always wondered why that option was there anyway, just assumed not all data plans were nation wide, I reckon....

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----