4G outage?? and Question about my IMEI number

Scott0719

Reaction score
Anyone able to be connected to 4G?

Now my main issue. I called verizon about not being connected to 4G(which I think there is an outage according to a local store) and while the guy was having me check this and that he asked for my IMEI number which he said is basically the serial number for the phone. My IMEI number says unknown. That seemed very strange to him so immidiatley I thought it was from what I did trying to do the update from rda 990's thread. I tried installing the update manually and it didn't work so I used matts utility 1.7 and put gingerbread back on. Could any of that make my IMEI number change to unknown?

Also, when I turn my phone on it takes a very long time to get any signal. It sits there with a red circle with a line through it for a minute or so and then I get signal and 3G. Other than this the phone works like usual.

I'm trying to google and find out about it but a lot of this stuff goes over my head. I thought I read something about people downloading the update and having issues with 4G but I don't know if it was on here or not. Can anyone help me at all?

Thanks​

blake28

Reaction score
Im not sure about ur situation, but my 4g has been out for most of the day as well. I was thinking maybe it was this tropical storm b/c I'm down here in Florida and I'm getting hammered by Debby!! So in not sure if this would mess with 4g or not cuz I've had full 3g coverage while 4g was out. As it is now, I have pretty decent 4g, but it keeps going in and out, so I don't know.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
I'm in New York so I don't know if that storm would affect me or not. I feel better knowing its not me.

I am pretty concerned about the imei number though. Anything I've looked up just talks about unbricking the phone. Mine isn't bricked. I don't think so anyways. I am typing this on it right now so....

cafebrazilman

Reaction score
I have been having problems since this past weekend. Upgraded on Sat to the RAZR from my old 3G Droid 2. I was so excited....like a kid in a candy shop! Then Sunday the 4g coverage kept dropping. I am going to contact Verizon today to see whats up?

blake28

Reaction score
I'm still having problems with my 4g today as well. Like right now my signal is showing 5 bars, but in my signal app, its only showing 41% . Weird! Also in speed net, my 4g speed is really slow right now too. Im getting only 2mbps down and 5mbps up! So its really been acting strange these last couple of days, cuz my 3g speeds were about that.

But I am in Florida and this storm is still just sitting off the coast, so I don't know if this would mess with the signal or not.

I really haven't had any problems like this before these last couple of days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Yeah I still don't have 4G. I'm going to call again on my lunch break but I feel like I screwed up my phone. Still concerned about my imei number. Surprised no one has commented on that yet.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
blake28 said:
I'm still having problems with my 4g today as well. Like right now my signal is showing 5 bars, but in my signal app, its only showing 41% . Weird! Also in speed net, my 4g speed is really slow right now too. Im getting only 2mbps down and 5mbps up! So its really been acting strange these last couple of days, cuz my 3g speeds were about that.

But I am in Florida and this storm is still just sitting off the coast, so I don't know if this would mess with the signal or not.

I really haven't had any problems like this before these last couple of days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The bars are NOT for data signal, they are for radio signal.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
jackiescivic said:
The bars are NOT for data signal, they are for radio signal.

Yes I know that. That is a separate issue.

cafebrazilman

Reaction score
Well...I am in Texas...nowhere near tropical storm Debby so can only imagine that this is a whole Verizon network issue. Although, my wife's DROID4 does not seem to be having issues with 4G. SMH

R3DBAND

Reaction score
Im not sure about ur situation, but my 4g has been out for most of the day as well. I was thinking maybe it was this tropical storm b/c I'm down here in Florida and I'm getting hammered by Debby!! So in not sure if this would mess with 4g or not cuz I've had full 3g coverage while 4g was out. As it is now, I have pretty decent 4g, but it keeps going in and out, so I don't know.
Same here, debbys a ***** lol, but sometimes when im at a place where i know there's 4g coverage it just doesnt show up neither does 3g. My only suggestion would be to check all your settings and call verizon if the problem persists.

dmisc

Reaction score
My 4g keeps dropping like crazy today. From blue to white to no signal. Even as I type this.

4g was fine last night.

I'm in the bay area, Nor Cal.

Sent from my DROID MAXXIMUS using Tapatalk

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
I went to a store and called verizon customer support and neither knew of any outage. At the store the woman gave me a new sim card just to see and I still only have 3G. She said it is most likely a network issue. If it isn't back up in a week or so i'll call back. Maybe I could get a knew phone out of it :p

Now if only I could figure out this IMEI number thing. I don't even know if it ever showed a number or if it always said unknown. The guy on the phone seemed shocked when I said it was unknown though so thats why I am just curious if anything I did caused it.

tz34mb

Reaction score
Same issue here...tried the update, failed, restored to GingerBread...no 4G since I tried this on Saturday, and based on what you said, just check and mine is unknown as well. I wonder if there is a way to fix this??