4G internet not working at all!!!

OP
tkdghk0831

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
HTC Sense clock/widget

I was rooted had some issues with gps , I went back to stock and have been running smooth since. I'm in San Diego , 4G has been good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Also, now I'm experiencing some sort of problem related to gps, I guess..
Everything works ok. Google map locate my location well enough, Google website says I'm at somewhere I actually am, etc..

but why is the HTC Sense clock/weather widget
keeps saying "Current location"??

It actually was a minor but annoying issue even before I unrooted my TB today..

was that your problem, bdsaur??

jimnycricket65

Reaction score
4g frustration with Verizon

Yeap, I am not getting 4g at all. I turned it off and turned on to 3g only mode. All the apps, ALL THE APPS, that do not work with 4g works on 3g so it's not third-party application error (Verizon has told me and blamed it on others).

I heard two stories from Verizon rep. the OTA update is due on 15th of June and it's due in Three weeks....which makes it first week of July, 2011. How can they have answers so incorrectly. I am not able to see any official notification from Verizon on this.

I hate Verizon for their unreliability on their 4g! I CAN'T hear you now nor do you care to hear me!

rbw62

Reaction score
Is LTE down again? I read in a few cities it was down. I live in Atlanta with LTE, but past 2 days my TB does not recieve LTE, my wife's Charge same thing. Any one else with no LTE service?

VolDroid

Reaction score
Yeap, I am not getting 4g at all. I turned it off and turned on to 3g only mode. All the apps, ALL THE APPS, that do not work with 4g works on 3g so it's not third-party application error (Verizon has told me and blamed it on others).

I heard two stories from Verizon rep. the OTA update is due on 15th of June and it's due in Three weeks....which makes it first week of July, 2011. How can they have answers so incorrectly. I am not able to see any official notification from Verizon on this.

I hate Verizon for their unreliability on their 4g! I CAN'T hear you now nor do you care to hear me!

With it being a new system and all, you can expect to have problems. Let's face it, we are all still guinea pigs in the 4GLTE world while they work out their kinks. I'm sure they had issues with 3G when it first came out also.

CC268

Reaction score
wow thats weird, to the OP, i am having word for word dead on same problem, I am rooted, but I dont want to go back to stock, to me if I cant be rooted i wasted my money and should have stuck with my fascinate :(

skltr21

Reaction score
I can tell you all its not a matter of being rooted or not. Both my wife and I have the same phones...... The thunderbolt, and im rooted and she's stock. We're both having 4g issues. Ive talked with customer service so many times now! It's definitely a verizon 4g issue. 3g works just fine. I urge everyone to call and complain. They don't seem to think it's an issue on their end. They think it's the phone or an app causing it........ Idiots. So call and complain. I, being rooted, have tried every radio and none work properly. 4g cuts in and out and is way slower to load pages than 3g. So annoying!

Eddie Bombay

Reaction score
Getting 4 to 6 megs down and 1 to 2 up. In santa barbara ventura area

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums

bdsaur

Reaction score
I was rooted had some issues with gps , I went back to stock and have been running smooth since. I'm in San Diego , 4G has been good.

Also, now I'm experiencing some sort of problem related to gps, I guess..
Everything works ok. Google map locate my location well enough, Google website says I'm at somewhere I actually am, etc..

but why is the HTC Sense clock/weather widget
keeps saying "Current location"??

It actually was a minor but annoying issue even before I unrooted my TB today..

was that your problem, bdsaur??

Yes I used beautiful widget and it would not give my location. It said current location, it drove me nuts.

Last edited:

rbw62

Reaction score
No 4G LTE in Atlanta for 3 days. Going VZW store this am.

rbw62

Reaction score
Just back from VZW store, Rep said LTE down here and do not know when it will be back up. This is 4 days now. I would really be PO if I was using 4 g for pc. Guess I will keep Comcast for another 6 months.

ejbTB

Reaction score
I've had the same problems with my stock TB. Google search and Google maps both take FOREVER to load, and often end with an error message. Other pages load just fine. My weather app also started to show "current location" instead of the city I was in. Quite frustrating.

OP
tkdghk0831

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
I've had the same problems with my stock TB. Google search and Google maps both take FOREVER to load, and often end with an error message. Other pages load just fine. My weather app also started to show "current location" instead of the city I was in. Quite frustrating.

I don't know what is going on,
but the widget have been showing the city in random times..

I'm living in Irvine, CA and I have never been outside the city since I started having problems and in these several days, the widget is going back and forth between "Current location" and "Irvine" somehow.
For now, it's saying Irvine on the widget again since last night..

But now I'm having problem with the weather..
Its saying "Cloudy" most of the times..
I couldn't notice it since the weather actually had been cloudy last few days,
but now the weather is super-clear and sunny without a spot of cloud.
And the weather widget is still saying its cloudy :/

Of course, I already tried refreshing the widget, but no change :(

OP
tkdghk0831

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
I'm just expecting the Verizon update fix that is to come up
on somewhere in June to fix this..
.. Or did it already came out??

I don't think the 4g issue is that bad in these last few days,
but still having slow 4g problem in few random times.. :/

Google map works perfect, but Google search still seems to have some
problem.. :/

I suggest you guys to try Bing instead.. I've been using bing search app
like bdsaur suggested, and it works great :)

bdsaur

Reaction score
I'm just expecting the Verizon update fix that is to come up
on somewhere in June to fix this..
.. Or did it already came out??

I don't think the 4g issue is that bad in these last few days,
but still having slow 4g problem in few random times.. :/

Google map works perfect, but Google search still seems to have some
problem.. :/

I suggest you guys to try Bing instead.. I've been using bing search app
like bdsaur suggested, and it works great :)

Google seems to be working for me now. Maybe they fixed the issue with 4G.