4G in Sioux Falls

GhettoSafari

Reaction score
I live in Sioux Falls and my ThunderBolt has been picking up the 4G LTE network off since late last night.:icon_ banana:

Anyone else having the same experience?

I don't know if they have full on released the 4G network of if they are still in the testing stages; but I am wicked pumped about this right now lol Bought my phone back home in Chicago and had the 4G for about a week then had to go back to school (Sioux Falls) and use 3G, it's killing me :icon_evil:

BWJunior

Reaction score
According to Verizon Rep I talked to when I picked my up my TB, Sioux Falls likely won't officially go live until mid summer at the earliest so I turned off 4G. I spend a lot of time in town so I guess I better turn 4G back on next time I'm there to check it out.

sfbolt

Reaction score
4g soon? tell me yes please!

Same thing for me. Started last night. Back to 3g this morning. Had 4g downtown this afternoon for a while. Must be coming soon if we r picking it up. Woohoot!!!

bhall238

Reaction score
I wish I knew where to go for the answer. I live in New Orleans, supposedly a 4G area. I have been having 4G in and out for days now. Sometimes it's 1X or no indication at all. Is it the network or my phone? I have phone info installed and when I have 3G selected, it says 3G everytime I look at it. I went to a Verizon store and they said I needed to do a factory reset (was also told that when I called customer service). So we did that in the store. I had 4G so I left. I'm home now and it's gone again. Has anyone heard about doing this and it fixing the problem? How often are you supposed to have to do this?

If it's just the network going through some tweaking or something, I am OK with that. I just don't want to be holding on to a defective phone. Any thoughts about this problem?

jmayniac

Reaction score
Ugh, I jealous of you Sioux Falls guys, I live in Rapid City and we aren't scheduled to get 4G until next year sometime. :icon_evil:

Vernash

Reaction score
I'm in Sioux Falls. My phone indicated it was on 4g for a little bit this afternoon but now it is back to 3g.

nmoore125

Reaction score
Ugh, I jealous of you Sioux Falls guys, I live in Rapid City and we aren't scheduled to get 4G until next year sometime. :icon_evil:

Jmayniac I am also in Rapid City.. If Sioux Falls is indeed already getting 4g then I think that gives us some hope it will be here early as well.. If I remember 3g was also here early

OP
G

GhettoSafari

Reaction score

That's what happens when you live west-river...

But I've been picking it up mostly in the Augustana/USF neighborhoods. It's on and off, hasn't picked it up at all today. But this is definitely a sign that they're testing the network out before they launch :)

bhall238

Reaction score

That's what happens when you live west-river...

But I've been picking it up mostly in the Augustana/USF neighborhoods. It's on and off, hasn't picked it up at all today. But this is definitely a sign that they're testing the network out before they launch :)

I think they launched it. I think they are having to tweak it as more people get on it.

jmayniac

Reaction score
Jmayniac I am also in Rapid City.. If Sioux Falls is indeed already getting 4g then I think that gives us some hope it will be here early as well.. If I remember 3g was also here early

Yeah, the lack of 4G didn't stop me from getting the Thunderbolt. I was just happy to have a decent upgrade to my Droid.

In other news, AT&T (divested Alltel) should be up and running by next week and I heard they went straight to 4G because they had to rebuild the Alltel network here. Maybe that will push Verizon to put 4G here sooner? I can only hope.

Last edited:

fzdog2

Reaction score
Dont forget that AT&T 4g isn't real 4g though, LTE speeds are 4-5x faster on VZW's network than AT&T's HSPA(3g) with a tower software update.

OP
G

GhettoSafari

Reaction score
I'm over by Augie/USF and have a BLAZING 4 bars of the 4G network. F yes

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums