4g antenna 3g/4g

krazienluv10

Reaction score
Soo im reading that the antenna on the bionic is not as strong as the TB, is there any way we can add more power to it and strengthen the receiver? My 4g is very spotty throughout the day in los angeles... Was just curious thanks!

idefiler6

Reaction score
Maybe yours is defective, I have run my bionic side by side with TBolts and gotten faster navigating as well as higher speed tests.

OP
K

krazienluv10

Reaction score
the speed is not the problem, its more of the 4g signal as my phone switches back and forth frequently from 4g to 3g when i browse youtube n surf.... well, are they correlated?? i did call verizon and there sending me another phone in by wed, but that was due to the phone turning off and not rebooting...

wingdo

Reaction score
The ability to switch from 3g to 4g puts it way ahead of the ThunderBolt IMO. My partner now has my TB as I could not stand the fact 4g would drop and 3g frequently did not come on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
K

krazienluv10

Reaction score
true... just thought cuz on the origal droid we were able to boost and improve voice quality.... i was thiking we can do something to enhance our reception along the same concept i guess

GohanBurner

Reaction score
My peak 4G speed was 16MB/s download and 17MB/s upload. I don't drop into 3G often, but when I do the speed decrease is almost unnoticeable when browsing the internet.

crxlvr

Reaction score
thats huge upload speeds bro, so far my best test was a 14.7mbps down and like 4mbps up, but yea it seems that my 3g speeds are faster than they were on my OG droid

thekuehls

Reaction score
I did a speed test today in an area with 4 bars of 4G reception, and I got 30.2 down and 20.8 up. It was insane.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I did a speed test today in an area with 4 bars of 4G reception, and I got 30.2 down and 20.8 up. It was insane.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I once got like around 37 upload and 20 something upload. I nearly crapped my pants.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONC using DroidForums

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I once got like around 37 upload and 20 something upload. I nearly crapped my pants.

I meant 37 download.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a discussion about switching between 3g/4g, not down/up speed. Lets stay on topic.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.