More Features Leaked for Moto X: Dual LTE MIMO Antenna Confirmed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-dlte.jpg

A new leak just popped up recently with intel on the Moto X. This one includes a nice screenshot of the device and confirms some previously rumored specs. As it turns out the Moto X will indeed include a dual LTE MIMO Antenna. In fact, the device will include five total antennas: 4G main, 4G diversity, 2G/3G main, GPS, and BT/WiFi. Here's a quote from the source of the leak,

Moto X features Dual LTE MIMO Smart Antennas, which should deliver the best 4G LTE performance (faster data speeds and better reception). Most OEMs support 4G technologies on the same antenna as 2G/3G, but Moto will have 2 antennas dedicated to 4G LTE. There will be 5 antennas inside Moto X: 4G main, 4G diversity, 2G/3G main, GPS, and BT/WiFi.

This is pretty exciting news to say the least. It looks like Motorola is focusing on things that are really important in a mobile device instead of constantly racing to cram the most powerful guts in their device.

Thanks for the tip, "CK"! You can see the original post on this story over at MotoXForums.com: More Features Leaked for Moto X: Dual LTE MIMO Antenna Confirmed

Source: Google+ - Taylor Wimberly

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think this isn't the only trick up the X's sleeve, making the nonbelievers bite their tongue is good for business. I'm happy to see this move, quality over quantity.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to see this move, quality over quantity.

The more I hear about this phone, the more I do think it might "wow" us.

I mean, are people really going to insist that marginally better "high-end" specs trump great antennae/signal? Not to mention the price.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this is exclusive to the Moto X vs their other phones, this might make it a must buy. This should mean a more reliable 4G signal.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If this is exclusive to the Moto X vs their other phones, this might make it a must buy. This should mean a more reliable 4G signal.

See, I think the other mfrs want to put the money into "specs" and just compensate with a bigger battery.

At one point, Moto made some comments about battery life...seems they may have pinpointed one aspect of battery they could address with hardware.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Though I see your point in respect to the device, as a company I think I disagree. Moto needs to pull all the stops as a whole to make a dominating move, and if they innovate their line with real, helpful features instead of more pixels and CPU frequency like the rest of the fools that will soon be behind the curve, then it insures their success as a business model and reputation changer, and not just with this one device.

'...don't just buy an X, just make sure it's Motorola...'

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Moto needs to pull all the stops as a whole to make a dominating move...

If they win over the critics - and they might be (a work in progress, let's see what happens with the phone in people's hands) - that's all they need.

Now I've often said we don't give consumers enough credit - they've been buying PC's long enough to know that, generally, 2.0ghz>1.7 and 3gigs of ram >2. But they also pretty routinely gravitate to more mid-tier specs if the price is right...and THAT is the part of the equation the Moto X seems to be hitting.

If this phone performs well - and the analysts validate that - then Moto will kill it with that price point. In fact, that might be an absolute winning strategy. Why try to go head-to-head with Sammie and others when your brand doesn't have that pull right now? No, instead you try to acquire customers from the value-based mass market and then hope to upgrade them to higher-priced offerings down the road.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Better Antennas is what I need my signal comes in waves sometimes 4G then to 3G then none :(

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I'm loving the design of the moto x. From the picture above, it looks like it would be easy for an extended battery option to be available unlike with the razr m. I want a phone that can last 2 days without charge with moderate heavy use.

I agree,I would rather have far superior radios in a PHONE than marginally better cpu and ram.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The more I hear about this phone, the more I do think it might "wow" us.

I mean, are people really going to insist that marginally better "high-end" specs trump great antennae/signal? Not to mention the price.
You are going to always have those that look at specs first rather than the overall experience the handset will provide. I think in due time those people will realize it's not about a hydro cooled BazillaCore Viper processor, it's about a great smartphone experience.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
If it really comes out at $350 off contract and customizable they may have another device that could sell like OG Razr flip phone.

xtor

Reaction score
I didn't have anything to say, but I'm at 1000 post:)

sent from a note yee (2)