4g 3g

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
All my life with the bionic I have used 3g. Been using 4g the past few days and have had better battery life! I don't know why but im stoked!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bbtkd

Reaction score
All my life with the bionic I have used 3g. Been using 4g the past few days and have had better battery life! I don't know why but im stoked!

Don't worry, it's a fluke.

bbtkd

Reaction score
What do you mean?

If 4G is saving power, then for some reason your phone may not be seeing any 3G. Otherwise it would use more power to continually compare the signals to decide which to use. It's just unusual to save power with 4G. Some people have resorted to disabling 4G and living with 3G because of the power drain. If you're running ICS, perhaps they've improved it a bit though.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bbtkd said:
If 4G is saving power, then for some reason your phone may not be seeing any 3G. Otherwise it would use more power to continually compare the signals to decide which to use. It's just unusual to save power with 4G. Some people have resorted to disabling 4G and living with 3G because of the power drain. If you're running ICS, perhaps they've improved it a bit though.

Im stock! Im at 50 percent left with 11 hours.

jayrod

Reaction score

...and some of us have resorted to using only 3G because 4G keeps dropping,leaving no data at all :(

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayrod said:
...and some of us have resorted to using only 3G because 4G keeps dropping,leaving no data at all :(

Well mine is rock solid!