Verizon Support: 3G Customers Upgrading to 4G After July 7 Can Keep Unlimited Data

malicious_a

Reaction score
yes I also verifed over the phone, on twitter, and e-mail that you can have a blackberry and still be grandfathered in when you switch to a diff smartphone

my dad was in store yesterday and switched from a BB to the iPhone at the suggestion of the rep. The rep was saying that there hasn't been much in the way of information from corporate, but the indications are that BB users will NOT be able to be grandfathered in since they have different classifications for their data plans.

If they will allow you to be grandfathered in when the switch is made, then I kind of feel bad for my dad.

I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE ANYMORE lol

Last edited:

T_Virus

Reaction score
BB Storm is listed as a Smartphone on the Verizon site.

Yeah I also seen that on the website.

yes I also verifed over the phone, on twitter, and e-mail that you can have a blackberry and still be grandfathered in when you switch to a diff smartphone

This is what was most of people are saying on here too.

my dad was in store yesterday and switched from a BB to the iPhone at the suggestion of the rep. The rep was saying that there hasn't been much in the way of information from corporate, but the indications are that BB users will NOT be able to be grandfathered in since they have different classifications for their data plans.

If they will allow you to be grandfathered in when the switch is made, then I kind of feel bad for my dad.

I'm in the same boat. I guess the best thing to actually do is to go to a verizon rep and ask myself.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

You are Grandfathered in with the Blackberry. I asked when I was at the store. I have a Storm. Remember they will tell you anything to get a instant sale.

malicious_a

Reaction score

You are Grandfathered in with the Blackberry. I asked when I was at the store. I have a Storm. Remember they will tell you anything to get a instant sale.

that's what I was thinking..its just for the sale. but, i can't feel too bad..my dad is freaking having a nerdgasm over that thing. if it makes him happy, awesome!

tkuligowski

Reaction score

I can understand ur frustration! I have received diff answers myself. On twitter and email they said they got more info.from corporate and all smartphones are classified as 3g devices now on on the plan an it would be grandfathered in. I can prove what they said. I would take the word of the support teams over a salesman. What u should do is twitter Vzwsupport and get the info urself for piece of mind!

omnicious

Reaction score
So if I have a Droid X and wait till March 2012 to upgrade to whatever great 4G phone is out then and I have unlimited 3G now I can get unlimited 4G then too? Does 4G compound on top of 3G? If I pay 80 now will I be paying 110 when I switch to 4G?

spider210

Reaction score
So if I have a Droid X and wait till March 2012 to upgrade to whatever great 4G phone is out then and I have unlimited 3G now I can get unlimited 4G then too? Does 4G compound on top of 3G? If I pay 80 now will I be paying 110 when I switch to 4G?

no you will be grandfathered