$45 verizon corporate email plan

Vindii

Reaction score
Do I have to have the $45 plan to get my work email from a Microsoft exchange server or is there a different way? Not interested in forward it to gmail or using the web based site. Looking to have the same functionality as the $45 plan but with the $30 plan. Is this possible with a different email app or is it something to do with Verizon?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I have to have the $45 plan to get my work email from a Microsoft exchange server or is there a different way? Not interested in forward it to gmail or using the web based site. Looking to have the same functionality as the $45 plan but with the $30 plan. Is this possible with a different email app or is it something to do with Verizon?
I think that depends on how your IT folks have Exchange configured. I know many folks that use Exchange and have the $30 plan.

Mike

swallman

Reaction score

Do you already have a Droid working with Exchange ? If so, I don't believe there's any reason you need to pay the $ 45. I have a Droid running just fine against our company's Exchange server. I honestly don't know what the extra $15 charge is for...

OP
V

Vindii

Reaction score

Do you already have a Droid working with Exchange ? If so, I don't believe there's any reason you need to pay the $ 45. I have a Droid running just fine against our company's Exchange server. I honestly don't know what the extra $15 charge is for...

I got the $45 plan right off the bat so I don't know if it will work without it. Sounds like I should drop it down and try it.

If people have it working why do they want to charge you another $15?

R1Lover

Reaction score
the larger charge is for business accounts, although mine is part of a 50 + phone bbus account and its only 30... go figure

but there is no difference in the plans other then the cost.

joker402

Reaction score
Last I checked you couldn't put the droid on the $45 plan, unless I missed an email or training I haven't been able to put it on any customerd plan with a droid.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you have your own exchange server or your work does you DO NOT need the 45 dollar plan.

the 45 dollar plan is only if you need verizon to host your exchange server.

i have had the 30 dollar plan since day 1 and have been using corporate exchange since.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could figure out how to configure K9 for my exchange account. Stock corporate email works fine, but I can't get K9 to work.

mike_kauble

Reaction score
I actually went in to Verizon the other day, and the guy I got was AWESOME!!!

Not only did he say my discount (15%) was higher than my wife's (8%), he said I didn't need the $45 plan, knocked me down to $29, dropped my text rate down and tweaked some other things. I think the fact that it was his last day made him so generous. With all the money I saved, I bought my wife an Eris and bought her a data plan.

VZW should understand that if people work with you, you'll do more business with them.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I have to have the $45 plan to get my work email from a Microsoft exchange server or is there a different way?
Nope. I have an Exchange account and I'm connected via ActiveSync and on the $30 plan.

twinkie57

Reaction score
I am on the $30 plan with a exchange account as well. No issues so far.

OP
V

Vindii

Reaction score
ok. I'll get it switched to the $30 plan and see what happens. That's what I get for taking the sale guys word that it would not get my work email without the $45 plan.

OP
V

Vindii

Reaction score
I switch to the $30 plan about 4 hours ago and my work emails are still coming thru. This kind of sound like a scam if you really don't' need it. I'm still not really sure what you would need the $45 plan for?

bristolcat

Reaction score
I got into a massive argument in the middle of a Verizon store today over this issue. One of the people in my company bought a new Droid and they told her she had to have the $45 plan since we have an exchange server. I knew better, from this forum and the fact that mine is working just fine on the basic plan, and told him that he was wrong and that we wouldn't be needing the $45 plan. I tried to be nice, but the overselling really upset me and he told me, "I could go get the manager, but he's going to agree with me." Ugh. I happened to have my email server guy there with me who explained it to the Verizon guy and we prevailed. I wonder how many people are paying for something they don't need! The Verizon techs I got were ignorant about all of the phones we looked at and the plans - it was disappointing.